• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

You don't think so?

The appointment of GON wasn't a good thing? Staying up and keeping in line with FFP wasn't a good thing?

Sure there have been disappointments along the way but sometimes the top guy has to do what the real owner wants.
bait-thats-bait.gif

It wasn't that long ago the temporary stand was condemned and had to be re built due to safety concerns! The fact it got into that situation says it all.
Imagine a temporary structure like that would have regular inspections, like you would with scaffold, so you're always going to go from pass to fail somewhere between inspections. Unfortunately that happened just before the season started, it's like you'd expect them to rebuild it every summer just to make sure that wouldn't fall when it was needed, would cost a fortune.

Imagine a temporary structure like that would have regular inspections, like you would with scaffold, so you're always going to go from pass to fail somewhere between inspections. Unfortunately that happened just before the season started, it's like you'd expect them to rebuild it every summer just to make sure that wouldn't fall when it was needed, would cost a fortune.
I think I'd be more inclined to agree with this if I hadn't seen the general maintenance/appearance of the ground diminish to such an extent.

It really is in a poor state of repair now Mark, particularly the Steve Bull. They're doing the absolute bare minimum.

State of the the ground is a disgrace and I’ve heard no argument of any description that defends it. It really does lay bare their economic model, and that’s what justifies reasonable critique. Instead we get Comical Ali Burrows patronising the paying fan by adopting his serious voice when he explains why no money can be spent, the frickin idiot.

State of the the ground is a disgrace and I’ve heard no argument of any description that defends it. It really does lay bare their economic model, and that’s what justifies reasonable critique. Instead we get Comical Ali Burrows patronising the paying fan by adopting his serious voice when he explains why no money can be spent, the frickin idiot.
Exactly this, people laugh when I complain about it needing painting but it’s massively symptomatic of them running every thing as bare bones as possible.

I think I'd be more inclined to agree with this if I hadn't seen the general maintenance/appearance of the ground diminish to such an extent.

It really is in a poor state of repair now Mark, particularly the Steve Bull. They're doing the absolute bare minimum.
Been to Palace recently?
Been to Luton, Bournemouth or Burnley?

Yes, our ground needs some maintenance and it usually gets it in the Summer.

Been to Palace recently?

Is that the Luton who are building a new ground?

…or Palace who are redeveloping their stadium?

….or Bournemouth who have plans to increase their capacity?

I’m disappointed with the potholes where I live as it seems to point to council underfunding. But wait, what the fck is wrong with me, haven’t I been to Mogadishu recently? I’ve just been too spoilt in my lifetime with roads that hadn’t fallen to bits, child that I am.

….or Bournemouth who have plans to increase their capacity?
"Plans"...

So let's knock Molineux / Fosun when the fan experience at all those grounds this season is shit. No-one cares when the team is playing and no-one cares when the team is winning. MUFC fans moan about Old Trafford.

I’m disappointed with the potholes where I live as it seems to point to council underfunding. But wait, what the fck is wrong with me, haven’t I been to Mogadishu recently? I’ve just been too spoilt in my lifetime with roads that hadn’t fallen to bits, child that I am.
You pay fucking taxes to have your car destroyed, You pay for a season ticket to have your mental health tested. Keep up.

And those sort of statutory inspections would be exactly that, the bare minimum to keep it up and running.

And those sort of statutory inspections would be exactly that, the bare minimum to keep it up and running.
The optics are shit, though.

Whether or not they've let Molineux start to look rundown because they don't care, they've opened the door to that criticism on their own.

Don't we want Molineux to look its best? Just as a general rule?

The optics are shit, though.

Whether or not they've let Molineux start to look rundown because they don't care, they've opened the door to that criticism on their own.

Don't we want Molineux to look its best? Just as a general rule?
Think Mol looks bad... try Rochdale where you can have a piss and still look over the brick wall to see a game. We're spoiled.

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
Think Mol looks bad... try Rochdale where you can have a piss and still look over the brick wall to see a game. We're spoiled.
We're not Rochdale though are we? Anymore than we're Real Madrid either.

I'd just expect Fosun who are many multiple millions/billions richer than Steve Morgan to keep it at a similar upkeep.

We're not Rochdale though are we? Anymore than we're Real Madrid either.

I'd just expect Fosun who are many multiple millions/billions richer than Steve Morgan to keep it at a similar upkeep.
Didn't realise you lived there. Kin hell... 19 league visits a year to a place... and we get this. Maybe if you paid more for your ticket they could afford to give it a lick of paint?

;)

He’s not going anywhere. It’s guaranteed work (and money). There’s no guaranteed work out there for him
Been to Palace recently?

I was outside Turf Moor the other day and it’s fairly good nick, your argument is like me going home to my dad after getting a shit school report and saying it’s ok because 3-4 others in my class were shit too.
Size wise would you put us in the same category as Bournemouth, Luton and Palace.

Maybe we are trying to replicate Old Trafford.

The heavy rain seems to be pouring into the stands there

Back