• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Non League Football.

That'll be the Disney effect. Welcome To Wrexham was really popular (as well as being really good, they're doing a second season, too). Also Ryan Reynolds is one of the most attractive and likeable men on the planet, so anything he likes I also like

Oh, it’s 100% because of the owners and nowt to do with the spectacle of the match (although that didn’t hurt).

But anything the exposes the wider American public to the idea that England is more than the Premier League is fine by me, however it comes about.

For those who may not know, Sportscenter is a monolith in American sports media. Probably the most recognizable show on ESPN (there’s your Disney connection, Del).

Exciting match that had pretty much everything can't have harmed the viewing figures.

Feel I’ve done Wrexham a disservice by lumping them in with “England”, but it’s the English pyramid so y’all know what I mean.

I do wonder how the average American thinks of Wales these days…

(Answer: probably not at all)

Feel I’ve done Wrexham a disservice by lumping them in with “England”, but it’s the English pyramid so y’all know what I mean.

I do wonder how the average American thinks of Wales these days…

(Answer: probably not at all)
During the USA v Wales game at the world cup, "Is Wales different to England" (or some variant thereof) was googled millions of time apparently, and it almsot crashed some guy's website because of the amount of traffic.

Nice to see people showing an interest, at least.

I'm pleased for the town and the Wrexham fans. I've fond memories of watching Wales play rugby at the racecourse ground (they used to play the occasional match there to try to grow the game in the North which is historically more of a football area - can't see rugby finding a way in now!)

During the USA v Wales game at the world cup, "Is Wales different to England" (or some variant thereof) was googled millions of time apparently, and it almsot crashed some guy's website because of the amount of traffic.

Nice to see people showing an interest, at least.

I'm pleased for the town and the Wrexham fans. I've fond memories of watching Wales play rugby at the racecourse ground (they used to play the occasional match there to try to grow the game in the North which is historically more of a football area - can't see rugby finding a way in now!)
As a kid I was totally nonplussed as to why a dragon, which is clearly not a whale, would be on the flag of a place called "Whales".

Bloody Welsh league, not having the name of a club that doesn't have the town its from in it.
Total Network Solutions, think they're now called The New Saints, which still doesn't have the town name in it.

Bloody Welsh league, not having the name of a club that doesn't have the town its from in it.
Total Network Solutions, think they're now called The New Saints, which still doesn't have the town name in it.
Not to mention they don't even play in Wales,
Don't even get me started on Berwick Rangers.

Their actual name is The New Saints of Oswestry & Llansantffraid FC

Llan were sponsored by TNS. They then purchased Oswestry Town, mainly for the facilities.

Kept the TNS as that is what people know them as

Their actual name is The New Saints of Oswestry & Llansantffraid FC

Llan were sponsored by TNS. They then purchased Oswestry Town, mainly for the facilities.

Kept the TNS as that is what people know them as
Yep knew all that, my post wasn't entirely serious.😃

Back