• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kits 2023/24

Sunderland used the same line when they signed Jozy. It was lame then, too, but at least it made more sense!
Now there's a tough battle. Who is the worst out of Jozy and Josh...

Now there's a tough battle. Who is the worst out of Jozy and Josh...
Josh, easy.

Jozy has been good at various levels. Prem massively out of his reach but he's not the absolute shitehawk his Prem record would have you believe (I mean, he was a shitehawk at PL level, but you get what I mean).

Sargent would still look shit in League One. Absolutely atrocious footballer, and it does pain me to say that.

Is 'Yanks' unacceptable' then?
Y'all can call me whatever you want, I already let you get away with Al. ;)

But to the point, "Yankees" are very specifically residents of the New England corridor. Roughly from Pennsylvania on up.

Granted, that's a linguistic crusade I know I'll never win. But a lot of Southerners would take quite the umbrage at being called a Yank or Yankee!

Why the offence over Yanks?
It's just more geographically specific than a lot of non-Americans realize, I think.

The emotions tied into it are very much rooted in North v. South enmities that sprouted leading up to the Civil War. Today that typically manifests as Southerners feeling that Northerners/Yankees are insufferably holier-than-thou, whilst the Northerners still feel that the average Southerner is a bigoted moron who instinctively knows the banjo lick from Deliverance. These are both generalizations, of course, you will find plenty of Northerners and Southerners who don't feel any type of way about the Mason-Dixon Line.

Tl,dr; there's still very much a cultural divide between the Southeast and Northeast of the US that can be hostile at times.

EDIT: At a very tentative guess, calling a Southerner a Yank might be similar to calling someone from Sunderland a Geordie?

Last edited:
Y'all can call me whatever you want, I already let you get away with Al. ;)

But to the point, "Yankees" are very specifically residents of the New England corridor. Roughly from Pennsylvania on up.

Granted, that's a linguistic crusade I know I'll never win. But a lot of Southerners would take quite the umbrage at being called a Yank or Yankee!
Ok, you live and learn, bit like me being called a Brummie I suppose, although tbf I don't really care about that.

Ok, you live and learn, bit like me being called a Brummie I suppose, although tbf I don't really care about that.
Don't worry, most Americans are so charmed by the tapestry of British accents that you could call us "chicken-shit cunt bastards" and we'd come away flattered.

It doesn't offend me so much, I just find it inaccurate. :)

Don't worry, most Americans are so charmed by the tapestry of British accents that you could call us "chicken-shit cunt bastards" and we'd come away flattered.

It doesn't offend me so much, I just find it inaccurate. :)
Noted for future online arguments

I quite like that Norwich top. I liked their top from last season too. Having a smart looking sponsor helps.

That Coventry one definitely does not have a smart looking sponsor.

@Alan you must love this beautiful Napoli shirt surely?

1174_napoli_2023_24_ea7_home_kit_b.jpeg
Apparently the player issue version of this will cost €130 to buy but the replica one is just €49. I have found one online for £34.99 which I've ordered

Screen on my laptop has a fault I think! da fuck is that

Today, Tuesday, July 18, Arsenal and adidas unveil the bold new men’s team away kit for the 2023/24 season, celebrating the club’s Islington roots and broadcasting the brightest Arsenal-supporting artists onto the world stage.

The eye-catching shirt features fluid black lines inspired by the map of Islington. The design represents the journeys supporters make out of the club’s home borough for away days on the road. A fresh, shock-yellow base colour is complemented by light blue accents that feature on the collars and sleeves.
What a load of shit!

If those non-joined dark lines represent the roads of Islington no wonder traffic in London is fucked.

And then the Bournemouth actually challenges it for awfulness. There are some really dire kits this season

Back