• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Awful backpass by Solihull in the playoff final, penalty and Bromley lead 2-1 with half an hour to go.

Spurs waving Villa into the CL in recent weeks.

4 down after an hour at Anfield

Spurs waving Villa into the CL in recent weeks.

4 down after an hour at Anfield
Very strange way they go about games lately.

Early in the season they looked very sharp on the ball and seemed to get in behind other teams a lot through quick passing interchanges. Now they still move the ball around well at times but they just seem to sit a group of 3-4 players off the corner of the opposition box and no-one ever looks to push on from there, just snappy little passes going nowhere, hurting no-one.

Man United getting knocked out of Europe before Christmas and finishing outside the European places will be impressive. Yet Ten Hag still thinks he will be manager next year and Bayern want him. Don’t know which one is more bizarre

Heck of a finish from Mateta. I feel like we will struggle against Palace on Saturday.

Evans with his Johnsons tribute, and no mention from the commentators how shit Onana was there either.

Also why don't defenders try and and play offside anymore? Evans just needed to step there, yesterday on the goal where Haaland humiliated Kilman, Max could have stepped when Foden was winding up...but didn't.

It's not just those 2 though, it's everywhere, teams play with a high line, but don't step on the pass.

The Palace front three will cut us to shreds on Saturday - although Utd are laughable.

Adam Wharton looks some talent. Like an English Joao Gomes in the way he breaks up play. I’d have him ahead of Mainoo in the pecking order for the England squad, but then Southgate/sky six club etc etc.

Yep! They keep Mateta, Olise and Eze on the pitch for at least 70 minutes then they beat us fairly comfortably I think.
It's hard to see anything else. They do the kind of passing and running off the ball that haunt Max Kilman's nightmares.

Back