• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ice Hockey Thread

caps were amazing last night

horrible early game, down 3-0, then 4-1, and win in overtime

Good to see The Flower on form last night ,and the Pens get a win for Mario Lemieux 's birthday. How come that bloke never seems to age !!

So 3 games in and Lavys gone. Not sure how I feel about it. Will always remember him for our 2010 run, the Boston series especially. One of my favourite sporting moments. Last season we never got going though and judging by pre-season and the first 3 games, nothings changed. 3 goals in 3 games and 2 of them on the PP. We shouldn't be that bad with the talent we have amongst our forwards. What annoys me though is Holmgren and Snider saying training camp was the worst they've ever seen so why wait 3 games into the season to make the change. Either give him some time in the season or give someone else the training camp. Panthers tonight, hopefully Berube can get them going as he's already mixing the lines up but seems to have kept Scoracek off the first line. Him and G were such a big thing for us last season, don't know why we're splitting that up.

Season starts tonight for the Pittsburgh Penguins. Here's hoping for a better season than the last one.

Hmmm. Season starts on my birthday in the same week I got a penguins tshirt....
What kind of omen is that? :yikes:

Hmmm. Season starts on my birthday in the same week I got a penguins tshirt....
What kind of omen is that? :yikes:

An omen , or you wearing the shirt is bringing luck !! Well whatever you are doing keep doing it, they won again last night. Jokinen gets a hat trick and the Penguins go 3-0-0

Mr Jelly, get your top on cos tonight we go for 4-0-0 !!

The World Championships have been going on for a while and today the finals are played.

Russia vs Finland for the gold,Sweden vs Czech Rep for the bronze.

Such a shame that so many top players can't participate because of league commitments.

Yeah and a bit too much when the olympics have been played the same year..

Unbelievable start to the regular NHL season for Vancouver Canucks. 4 wins from 4, after seeing off some of the contenders for the Division.

After last season disappointment, it looks like the team has settled in and hopefully can go all the way to the Play-offs. Fingers crossed Wolves can do the same....

Great win for the Canucks last night against last seasons champs, the Penguins 4-2.

Cracking start to the season 7 wins from 12 games.

Incredible start to the Stanley Cup Play-offs with Pittsburgh Penguins absolutely hammering their arch rivals the Philadelphia Flyers, 7-0. Some amazing goals in this game too.

I'm not hugely well-versed in hockey but Pittsburgh are the class of the league by some distance, IMO. Malkin, Kessel, and Crosby are the best trio on any one team.

Quack quack. That's all I'm saying... o<
(Plus hoping that Gibson is fit...)

Incredible start to the Stanley Cup Play-offs with Pittsburgh Penguins absolutely hammering their arch rivals the Philadelphia Flyers, 7-0. Some amazing goals in this game too.

Was good to see this thread appear this morning. Cracking game 1 by the Penguins. Game 2 this evening, although I'm sure the Flyers will not let a repeat of the last game happen. Still going for a Pittsburgh win though. This one could get fiesty!

Was good to see this thread appear this morning. Cracking game 1 by the Penguins. Game 2 this evening, although I'm sure the Flyers will not let a repeat of the last game happen. Still going for a Pittsburgh win though. This one could get fiesty!

Malkin coming out of the penalty box to hustle and backhand one past Elliott was ruthless. Also, what is the story with Sidney Crosby's baseball goals? He keeps scoring goals by volleying the puck out of the air, Ive seen him do it about 5 times this season. Incredible skill, the guy is such a legend.

Im still gutted that the Canucks didnt make it to the Play-offs this year, we were hammered with injuries to our top guys, but we have better draft picks because of it so Im hopeful that we can rebuild during the summer.

Back