• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

We're pushing record temps here, supposed to get up to 87F today which is mad warm for mid-April.

Fucking freezing today, waiting for the first 20c, ain’t gonna happen any time soon, roll on the end of the season and the first trip to Lanzarote.

Me too. I was aware but got in just after 10pm and couldn't see anything so stayed inside.

I was knackered and asleep by 10.30, woke up to see a load of Whatapp messages telling everyone to get outside and have a look and lots of pictures.

Absolutely gutted I missed it. This was from a friend just up the road in Sutton:

1715421567053.png

Didn't know anything about it till about 10pm, went outside but couldn't make it out, too much light pollution near us I think.

It was really strong between 11.15 and 11.45. That's when you could see it with the naked eye. Most of the time it only really visible if you used a camera/phone with a long exposure.

Been a gorgeous couple of days here, cancelled all plans yesterday and went and sat outside the Oakley Arms for a few hours with Helen, beautiful stuff. Even nicer today but been too busy to enjoy it. Now I’m just about to wind down there is a banging storm rolling in from the west, the thunder is rumbling like a bastard and the sky is going very dark. The wind’s picking up a fair bit as well, think this might be a bit of a whopper.

Storm passed us by, just getting a bit of rain. Fucking let down.

Armageddon here about 6:30, eldest Grandaughter who’d been knocking about locally with her mate rang my mobile, ‘Grandad can you run us home’, (Tettenhall Wood), fucking ell, the Bridgnorth road by the Mermaid was like a fucking lake.

Back