• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 1-4 Wolves: Verdict Thread

How we made money on Collins will forever be a mystery. Was awful for us and was awful tonight. Some idiot told him once he could play, no you can't you big lug. His passes are more obvious than the jokes in a cut and paste 70s ITV sitcom and if he's on your team, about as funny.

We made the best of their shortcomings, probably should have conceded more than one before HT but in the second half I didn't feel they troubled us at all.

Delicious ball in from Sarabia for the opener. Really good finish by Hwang on the 3rd.

Santi was very poor first half - looked slow and unreactive to danger around him - but he improved. Still though I think we need a CH unless Yerson can play a role.

Joao Gomes MOTM with RAN close behind.

25 points is dreamland, especially given how badly we've been done over by poor decisions and without our best player for 2 months.

when we signed him, I think it was Darren Fletcher said he would be the most expensive Irish player of all time within two years

I wonder what she is doing now genuinely! I suspect it won’t be journalism

One for the stato's. Is that the shortest interval between a team scoring two goals?

Watched the highlights a few (!) times now was quite impressed by Hwangs foresight our second , as soon as Collins starts to turn he's off out the traps :)

Last edited:
Watched the highlights a few (!) times now was quite impressed by Hwangs foresight for his second , as soon as Collins starts to turn he's off out the traps :)
Very true (though our second, rather than his). I've just rewatched myself and didn't realize quite how good his first touch was for his second (our third). Quality.

Or the quickest 3 goals in a game? 3 goals in under a minute, wasn't it?
Not certain, but I think I saw a Stat (possibly BBC) that it was the 2nd quickest. at 3mins 3 seconds.
I think the fastest was 2 mins 53 seconds.

Odd game really, Brentford managed to create enough chances to get back into the game but we often looked dangerous.

We clearly had a trigger set on when Collins was distributing the ball, and he was a disaster for Brentford last night. Shipping him out was a really smart piece of transfer business over the summer.

First visit to the GTech, it's a nice ground but the atmosphere from the home fans was dreadful. The atmosphere in the away end was absolutely bouncing.

We were stood with some Koreans and teaching them "Gary O'Neil's Barmy army" was fun, that experience will come in handy for when I next see Johnny 🙃

Odd game really, Brentford managed to create enough chances to get back into the game but we often looked dangerous.

We clearly had a trigger set on when Collins was distributing the ball, and he was a disaster for Brentford last night. Shipping him out was a really smart piece of transfer business over the summer.

First visit to the GTech, it's a nice ground but the atmosphere from the home fans was dreadful. The atmosphere in the away end was absolutely bouncing.

We were stood with some Koreans and teaching them "Gary O'Neil's Barmy army" was fun, that experience will come in handy for when I next see Johnny 🙃
That’s a heck of a trip for a midweek game.

Or the quickest 3 goals in a game? 3 goals in under a minute, wasn't it?
3 min, 2 secs I think last night was. Mane definitely beats that as he has the quickest hat trick record at 2 min 56s

3 min, 2 secs I think last night was. Mane definitely beats that as he has the quickest hat trick record at 2 min 56s
3 minutes actual time, but wasn't it something like 39 seconds of the ball being in play? 12 seconds between our 1st and 2nd for definite.

The turn of pace for the Hwang goal with the misplaced backpass was unbelievable.

Back