• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - Sheff Weds 0 another step on the path verdict thread

Those above have almost echoed my thoughts. However how brilliant was Kevin McDonald not in a magnificent way but in a thoroughly hard working, brush the tackles off sort of way. Constantly kicked all evening and just got up shake it off and dominate the centre midfield again. He ran out of juice and legs with 20 minutes to go which was obvious, but he looks so comfortable on the ball and he has a Steve McManaman turn of pace over 5 yards that is great to watch..

Just got home from the match. Good overall performance though we did try to hand them a lifeline fir the first 15 minutes if the secind half. Afobe and Kmac M.O.M. lets hope for more of the same result on friday night. Hopefully will be on pitch before kick off for our Player of Season (last season) presentation

Cheers for the reports chaps. Gutted to have missed this one. Same again on Friday would be lovely.

Just got back home.
Dicko with a great attempt for the far corner only just kept out by Federici.

Indeed a great save...even better if Federici made it, as Westwood is the Wednesday keeper....

That would have been save of the game if not for Tommy K's stunning save from the header in the first half.

Can't really add to what has been said other than well done to KJ at the start of the 2nd half. Sheff Wed clearly targeted attacking down VLP's side as the last 5 mins of the 1st half he seemed to vanish and they took advantage of that and overloaded Doherty (who had a another solid game). Didn't take KJ long to put that right. I suspect VLP is getting a bollocking this morning for his slow strop off the pitch and then ignoring KJ to walk down the tunnel. Concerned that McDonald may have picked up a knock as well. He was kicked all over the park and left the pitch with an injury.

Also - Why were loads of odd people running around out side Molineux asking everyone if they were the "Free Radio Phantom". Poor Paddy was asked 4 times

Some really good interesting match reports on the thread today chaps. Well done and thanks.
And well done and thanks to the team for a great performance and result. Onwards and upwards.

Surprised how little the penalty incident is being mentioned.

Dicko got touched and went down. Probably a little bit to easily. My instant reaction was its a penalty and seeing the replay I still stick with that.

Dicko got touched and went down. Probably a little bit to easily. My instant reaction was its a penalty and seeing the replay I still stick with that.

Looking at the video that was posted on the match thread last night I think you're being very generous to Dicko there, the defender stepped in to close down the space but didn't actually make a challenge, just stood still when he saw he wasn't getting to the ball but Dicko knocked it past him then hurled himself over anyway.

I'll wait until the proper highlights video is up and then look again. I might be awake by then as well.

Great result - nothing we can do about the teams above us, we just need to keep plugging away and focus on our own games. With teams above us having to play each other, and the batshit mental way the Championship often surprises, nothing is set in stone yet. Although it was a bad result for Blackburn last night who you'd think are out of the running now.

Why would it? Something to do with the fact our team has won 3-0 and there are plenty of positives to take from the game maybe? I said I thought it was a dive on the match thread and I stand by that, but fortunately there were far more positives to take by the sounds of it - the 2nd and 3rd goals were brilliant (good work by Matt Doherty for both of those).

Great result - nothing we can do about the teams above us, we just need to keep plugging away and focus on our own games. With teams above us having to play each other, and the batshit mental way the Championship often surprises, nothing is set in stone yet. Although it was a bad result for Blackburn last night who you'd think are out of the running now.

Why would it? Something to do with the fact our team has won 3-0 and there are plenty of positives to take from the game maybe? I said I thought it was a dive on the match thread and I stand by that, but fortunately there were far more positives to take by the sounds of it - the 2nd and 3rd goals were brilliant (good work by Matt Doherty for both of those).

There was an act of simulation in the Watford game which had a far smaller impact on the result yet prompted far more discussion, considering the short time that has passed since I'd have thought the topic would still have been fresh in a few more minds, instead it seems to have been brushed under the rug.

Did Gray get any sort of reception from our fans last night?

There was an act of simulation in the Watford game which had a far smaller impact on the result yet prompted far more discussion, considering the short time that has passed since I'd have thought the topic would still have been fresh in a few more minds, instead it seems to have been brushed under the rug.

Funny how that happens, eh?

Comparing Dicko taking a dubious tumble to the pretending to be punched is not going to happen is it.

Comparing Dicko taking a dubious tumble to the pretending to be punched is not going to happen is it.

It may not have been as obvious a cheat but it would've had far bigger impact on the game considering the timing and outcome, maybe Trev was right after all.

I think most football fans would focus on poor decisions that go against us, not for us - and also tend to focus on the positives when we win 3-0 TBH Mark.

Must try harder.

Back