• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Sam Johnstone

I agree that's how it should be, but there have been so many times where it hasn't been. Such as the LB situation now, and the striker situation pretty much since Fosun came in!

I can't see it changing now.
I would say keepers are a bit different (whatever Quisling Hobbs is wibbling on about today) as they literally can't play anywhere else*. Not like how you have say, Guedes now who is never going to play ahead of Cunha in his preferred position but could easily play on the right or up front if he actually tries.

I don't expect Sa to stay and won't hold it against the club if he doesn't. Obviously I'd like better back up than Bentley, I'd like a second left back to add to the ONE we own even more.

*Unless you are Michael Oakes and Dave Jones knocks on your hotel room door before Burnley away, asking if you fancy a go deputising for Lee Naylor

Of course!

Kuszczak was alright. Better than Ikeme, should have kept the shirt and been retained for another year.
More than decent keeper, odd career. Another of those that was seemingly as happy being second/third choice as playing. I get the 'money' on offer to undertake the role at a Top 6 club but is it that much of a difference in Top 6 third choice and bottom half first choice?

Just play, the rest will take care of itself.

Wonder how many are in the Wolves, Villa AND Albion club over the years.

Cyrille Regis an obvious one.

Andi Weimann a very recent one

The vast majority of Palace fans seem to think Johnstone was as good as if not better than Henderson and are sad to see him go.

"I was one of the minority who said that Henderson was the better keeper. The problem is deciding what are the most important qualities for a keeper. Whilst Johnstone usually seems to play out from the back better than Henderson and controls his area with more confidence, Henderson is (IMO) the better shop stopper and has quicker reflexes as he showed at least twice last night. I am disappointed that Johnstone doesn't want to stay to fight for the no. 1 spot BUT we don't know exactly what Glasner has said to him when he gave Henderson the no 1 spot."

I don’t give a shit where he sits.

As long as he’s not in goal, he can sit wherever he wants.

So, as expected, Sa appears to be a goner.

So this 'shrewd and necessary signing' doesn't actually appear to have produced those 'two competent keepers at this level' you spoke of?

Back