• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

That's nice. It's always good to do stuff like that with family. My youngest daughter and I competed (in separate boats) in an 18-mile kayak marathon race yesterday down in Kent. She was awesome. 10 miles further than she'd ever gone before. If she hadn't got herself stuck in one of the locks she'd have done a really good time too!

It's so much better with family.
I play golf, mainly as a way of spending serious time with my dad. We played last week and he mentioned he feels he's getting on a bit now, and is thinking of giving it up. I started getting a bit sad at first, as I really like spending the time with him.
I cheered up after when he said he'd replace it by playing bowls again. That said, I'm looking at flat short golf courses for him, so he could still manage for a year.

What a schmuck!

Indeed! It was over 60 years ago though, the 600-series was probably new then. No self respecting bass would fall for that rubbish today.

I'm sure Sue read about it and rocks up in her kayak with the 600-series fishing gear primed to go, not realizing all the bubbles coming to the surface of the lake are all the bass laughing and shaking their heads. :)

Indeed! It was over 60 years ago though, the 600-series was probably new then. No self respecting bass would fall for that rubbish today.

I'm sure Sue read about it and rocks up in her kayak with the 600-series fishing gear primed to go, not realizing all the bubbles coming to the surface of the lake are all the bass laughing and shaking their heads. :)

I can get on board with that.

Get with the times Sue! The modern bass has got wise to your pathetic 600-series, put some bloody effort into it next time and stop copying other people's methods!

Since you checked out fiskeboller I checked out Dale Hollow Lake. ;) Stunning place btw.

"When David L. Hayes caught his eleven-pound, fifteen-ounce, 27-inch Dale Hollow smallmouth bass, he set a world record that has endured for over 60 years. That fish fell for a 600-series pearl Bomber crankbait."

A man can make many fiskeboller with that fish, can't believe he fell for a 600-series pearl bomber!

A pleasant and peaceful place Norway. Will be good to keep moving the houseboat to different parts of the lake. I've just had to google David L. Hayes as I had about as much idea who he was as you did yesterday about trellis! :)

A pleasant and peaceful place Norway. Will be good to keep moving the houseboat to different parts of the lake. I've just had to google David L. Hayes as I had about as much idea who he was as you did yesterday about trellis! :)
Looked at some pictures, fabulous scenery. That's also where I got acquainted with Mr. Hayes. :)

So today we are both a little bit wiser, I still have to figure out what we call trellis in Norwegian. :tiphat:

Sue may well be rocking up Phillips Bottom in her Kayak looking to catch herself dinner, but you can go there and not catch a single thing as apparently when its hot the fish go deeper in search for cooler waters. A friend has just come back after a week there and didnt catch a single thing. He's either a bloody shit fisherman or there ay many Bass left in the lake!

Looked at some pictures, fabulous scenery. That's also where I got acquainted with Mr. Hayes. :)

So today we are both a little bit wiser, I still have to figure out what we call trellis in Norwegian. :tiphat:

A lovely place to get down and dirty with nature :)

Im off to find out what trellis means.

Sue may well be rocking up Phillips Bottom in her Kayak looking to catch herself dinner, but you can go there and not catch a single thing as apparently when its hot the fish go deeper in search for cooler waters. A friend has just come back after a week there and didnt catch a single thing. He's either a bloody $#@! fisherman or there ay many Bass left in the lake!
I believe in you Sue, I just know you'll catch 8 fish (if you try that is). :zytrafumay:

That works, I don't know what I'd do without your help. Now what am I gonna do the rest of the day? :D

I know, how on earth have you managed for all these months you've been off here! Not to worry,I'm here all day.... gobbing off :)

I know, how on earth have you managed for all these months you've been off here! Not to worry,I'm here all day.... gobbing off :)
Due to my injuries I haven't had to do anything! Now that I'm on my feet and almost feeling like a spring chicken again that has to change. I appreciate your support, but like I told you yesterday gobby/gobbing has been stricken from my vocabulary! :sneaky: I still remember what it means, for now.

Like the Swedes say, you have attityd. :)

RMT finally pulling their heads out of their arses and calling off any further industrial action.

Expecting mini-Machin #3 on the 21st December!

Had the 20 week scan today and all is going swimmingly :D :D :D

Superb news sir - huge congrats! #outnumbered

Congratulations and welcome to the '3 children' club :)

Back