• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Still a sport of the affluent in my opinion, don’t think they’ll ever be a Phil Foden or a Wayne Rooney type.

Well fuck me, never knew that, privileged little shit. ;)
It's true, but not because of his background. City send all their kids to private school. Think Utd do aswell. It's a way of attracting players and keeping them close. They then control their school / football balance. Palmer and Sancho went to the same school

I presume you mean individuals?

The LTA pump a lot of money in to grass roots but it's a fraction of what is made from Wimbledon. It helps the ATP is run from London along with the broadcast worldwide.

Getting people to play seems to be the biggest problem as the weather is pretty shite.
Yeah, I just mean relative to other mainstream sports really. Obviously an opinion offered up without any consideration of the data! More that there seems to be a tennis club in most decent sized villages, plenty of history in the game, plenty of fans… but now the (incredible) Murray era is over we’re back to Jeremy Bates levels.

Yeah, I just mean relative to other mainstream sports really. Obviously an opinion offered up without any consideration of the data! More that there seems to be a tennis club in most decent sized villages, plenty of history in the game, plenty of fans… but now the (incredible) Murray era is over we’re back to Jeremy Bates levels.
Jack Draper looks a very good prospect. Best Alcaraz recently at Queen's and he's young-ish for a rising tennis star at 23 and what in the top 30.

Last edited:
Jack Draper looks a very good prospect. Best Alcaraz recently at Queen's and he's young-ish for a riding tennis star at 23 and what in the top 30.

Young Henry Searle too, very talented and a Wolves fan

Jack Draper looks a very good prospect. Best Alcaraz recently at Queen's and he's young-ish for a riding tennis star at 23 and what in the top 30.
Yes, he’s got to a few ATP tour finals and won his first just a few weeks ago. Been struggling with injuries too over last few years but seems to (fingers crossed) be over them now.

Dave Grohl at Wimbledon trying to look smart, but ending up looking like a young Jez Moxey.

IMG_20240702_172422_526.jpg

Andy Murray to play in the mixed doubles with Emma Raducanu.

Raducanu through to the 3rd round very comfortably, 6-1, 6-2.

Harriet Dart has completely lost it here. Seems a good player but maybe not the resilience to succeed?

...and she wins the next four point to level a final set tie break against Boulter.

I should stop typing.

Incredible, think Boulter could've gone further in the competition though but so many errors at the end. And now just seen Fearnley is pulling Djokovic back!

Cam Norrie beats Jack Draper, surprising as Norrie has been in no form at all for about two years.

Back