• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

As an "option" he's not terrible. But it's hardly inspiring. Particularly if he's going to cost a decent amount. Hopefully just on loan.

This club. Make a huge song & dance about getting Larsen in early, makes him our new number 9, pats themselves on the back for being “prepared” etc. Then realises after a few friendlies he’s a bit raw/off the pace so turn to Antonio…

Classic modern day Wolves under Fosun.

This club. Make a huge song & dance about getting Larsen in early, makes him our new number 9, pats themselves on the back for being “prepared” etc. Then realises after a few friendlies he’s a bit raw/off the pace so go and sign Antonio…

Classic modern day Wolves under Fosun.
That actually sounds sensible though.

Much better than letting 2 forwards leave and replacing them with no one and relying on kids to cover a hugely important position.

Always the possibility it fails outright but I think Antonio would be shrewd business.

This feels an extremely American football thing to say, but even when Antonio isn’t doing well he still makes defenders work their tails off. I love a forward who doesn’t let CBs settle.

Always the possibility it fails outright but I think Antonio would be shrewd business.

This feels an extremely American football thing to say, but even when Antonio isn’t doing well he still makes defenders work their tails off. I love a forward who doesn’t let CBs settle.

Agreed, when he’s on his game, he’s a proper nuisance.

I’d rather him than fucking Che Adams, that’s for definite.

I don't have an issue with GFFH, but what was the last thing he got right that wasn't within 30 minutes of it being made public?

I hope they're not going to piss away a portion of the Neto money on the likes of Antonio and Nelson just because they've got "Premier League experience" we don't need filler we need quality additions that improve us.

Is it going public in the next 10 minutes then?
Who knows, but Josh Sargent, Che Adams and a number of others haven't signed. He's not a bullshitter, but just because he says we have an interest doesn't mean it'll happen. Fwiw I think Antonio would be a decent addition at this point, purely for depth and assuming Larsen isn't a dud

Who knows, but Josh Sargent, Che Adams and a number of others haven't signed. He's not a bullshitter, but just because he says we have an interest doesn't mean it'll happen. Fwiw I think Antonio would be a decent addition at this point, purely for depth and assuming Larsen isn't a dud
All true, but for whatever reason his links at least feel grounded in reality.

All true, but for whatever reason his links at least feel grounded in reality.
As I say, I don't doubt the authenticity of what he's heard, but it's not like Matt Hobbs is posting, just someone who knows someone. Very little of what he's said in the last 2 years or so has actually happened, even though I believe it was discussed, so we might sign Antonio or we might not. I'm ignoring the playing the victim post above.

Yeah I agree Antonio is fine as back up.
I tend to take 'ITKs' with a pinch of salt, GFFH seems better than most but I understand that some of what he hears won't happen.

I'd happily take Antonio over Guedes.

Mind you I'd take current day Dougie Freedman over Guedes.

I bet we would…………..

Wolves are prepared to consider offers of €20m (£17.1m) for 22-year-old Portugal forward Fabio Silva, who is courting interest from Espanyol, Genoa, Valencia and Wolfsburg.

I bet we would…………..

Wolves are prepared to consider offers of €20m (£17.1m) for 22-year-old Portugal forward Fabio Silva, who is courting interest from Espanyol, Genoa, Valencia and Wolfsburg.
That would mean we actually don't lose out and make some cash on PSR... We can't be that lucky!

I would still wait until any cheque from Genoa clears though. Aren't they owned by the 777 cunts who tried to buy Everton?

Back