• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

The way it's set up is that the 16 weakest teams, most of whom have no real business being at a World Cup, will end up being placed into a three team group against two opponents they have very little hope of beating. Then they'll go home. Maybe one or two might fluke their way through, fairly unlikely though. And we all get to waste some time watching it.

Whilst I agree with all, you (and others) say regarding the standard of some of the teams appearing in the final stages, it's not about the football, is it?
I could be wrong but I thought it was about advertising Coca-cola, Macdonalds and Budweiser. The World Cup died as a serious football competition the day it was awarded to the USA. The writing was on the wall.
FIFA dont care about football, it's just a cash cow.
A corrupt one at that.

I'm not sure about the Irish back three.

Ward, Clark and Christie.

Two full backs either side in one genuine CB

Surely it's a back four with Duffy next to Clarke?

The beeb were showing the formation as 3-4-3 but a back four would make more sense

Didn't intend to watch this, but seeing as there is Villa on Sat have bought a week pass via Now TV

This could well be an interesting match to watch

Not sure I get the Irish tactics here, sitting deep but with Daryl Murphy up top you're not exactly going to be able to play on the break

I think Ireland plan to soak up pressure and then hope to nick something. Rope-a-dope on grass, as it were

Irish team is pretty poor, set-pieces their only chance of nicking a goal?

The Welsh defence looks a bit ropey, shame Ireland don't really have any way of exploiting it.

That was a great chance for Hendrick - needs to do better there

I'm going to upgrade that 'ropey' to 'shit' after watching that defending in the box.

How Andy King has made a career above L1 I don't know. Dire footballer.

For fellow paupers (or those who cant get a steady stream) this is on BBC i player S4C ,welsh comms but still....its free.

Can't believe they're not going like for like by bringing Dave on for Joe Allen .

oh yeah, although i do think that the mikes might need "de-spitting" after the match

Back