• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say a few days ago that my best mate GO'N did say there are a few thigs afoot behind the scenes regardless of whether we sell first....
And it's amusing that people happily trash the West Ham bloke, and a few others well experienced in the Championship yet seem quite exercised about an unknown 18 year old kid from Paraguay, who's 18 and probably hasn't got any English....
Bit of a leap too far for me, but at my age lots of things are a leap too far...

I still think Nunes will go before the window shuts, difficult way back for him now.

To be fair G’ON handled it well tonight - says he isn’t necessarily happy with the way Nunes has handled things but the door is very much open for him to come back into the squad and he’s confident Matheus would want to push in the right direction (of course so he can get a move in January).

I think he has to so we can sign a few to be honest. If Guedes has sparked off Gonzalez then it suggests some Nunes money may be reinvested (but not getting too excited, like).

I think he has to so we can sign a few to be honest. If Guedes has sparked off Gonzalez then it suggests some Nunes money may be reinvested (but not getting too excited, like).
Welcome our exciting new forward, straight from Bayern Munich…

Is this ECM joke landing?

I think this bowl hit harder than I was expecting, thank you for bearing with me.

You set the "total appearances" goal post, I used minutes because Gomes had 1800 in the Brazilian league the season prior to joining us, for Gonzalez that number is at 1500 for the Paraguayan league. Not a huge difference. So then going back to appearances, 30 is nearly a full season's worth; that's enough to get a solid scouting report on a player. You can argue about the minutes João played in seasons previous to that one, I'd say you're typically bought and sold based on your most recent year's worth of performances. You could even go so far as to argue that Gonzalez impressing European scouts at a younger age than Gomes did is a good sign, not a bad one.

On Yerson, it may have been, the number in my head is 7m but admit that could have been posted in USD (given most of his coverage now comes from American sources and they will occasionally mention the fee Wolves paid).

Yes, it is very relevant, as 5m in the Prem is pretty unequivocally "cheap". That's pocket change in our arena.
Can only assume this debate has stemmed from semantics.

The original point from me was that he’s not cheap, he’s going at market rate, not less than he should be. So someone saying he’s cheap expected him to cost more money. I don’t think a player with such a CV can go for much more. That was all my point was.

And regardless how much money someone has, £7 for a pint as an example isn’t cheap. I
Affordable but still expensive. But yes, semantics.

On a more serious note, hopefully he can come and offer something straight away, even if it might be a bit to ask given his age and experience levels, because we are lacking numbers in those wider positions with Nunes leaving and Hwang injured and we’re not exactly loaded with quality as it is.

Hwang is back on Sunday tbf (could break immediately though as he's Hwang)

This plus the fact that it`s Man City. It`s the pinnacle of a players career to play for a club of their stature. He`s still an arsehole though for the way he`s behaved.

Gary Gary says he had a small tweak but should be ok for the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back