• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price goes up if the seller doesn’t need to or doesn’t want to sell. See Wilfred Zaha forever.

The team needs to sell or wants to sell then the price is more reasonable. If a team wants shut of a player then they won’t reject reasonable bids, regardless of the buying clubs situation.

Not that this was even my point, but the season starts in 5 weeks.

Ok, so how does a panic buy work? Because it's usually when there is a surplus of demand and a lack of supply. I highly doubt there is a worldwide supply of worse defenders than Kilman, if there is then I might dust em off.

If Podence goes, I don't think any of us will lose any sleep. As far as Kilman goes, if Lop thinks he can get something out of him(Assuming he is still here come August) well then we will just have to sit back and see what happens.

Would still talk with Napoli over him mind haha.

Genuine question, and I forget who said it:

What CBs are better than Kilman and available for £15m or less? Genuinely curious to read 5 or 6 names.

Ok, so how does a panic buy work? Because it's usually when there is a surplus of demand and a lack of supply. I highly doubt there is a worldwide supply of worse defenders than Kilman, if there is then I might dust em off.
Just ok? So you don't think the season starts in October now?

And no, I'm not going to bother to explain what a "panic buy" is, everyone knows exactly what it is and how it can happen. (Despite the weird denials)

Genuine question, and I forget who said it:

What CBs are better than Kilman and available for £15m or less? Genuinely curious to read 5 or 6 names.
I said it and I don't think it's that debatable really as Kilman is an OK player for a lower mid table team but nothing more.

I could list some names but we will never know whether they're viable or what their current clubs value them at. For a Premier League club who employ a scouting department for this very reason though, it shouldn't be a problem.

The price goes up if the seller doesn’t need to or doesn’t want to sell. See Wilfred Zaha forever.

The team needs to sell or wants to sell then the price is more reasonable. If a team wants shut of a player then they won’t reject reasonable bids, regardless of the buying clubs situation.

On the subject of Palace didn't they release 7-8 first team players a couple of years ago because they were old, wanted to go or weren't good enough?

Don't think the footballing world ganged up on them and overstated the value for all their incoming players as result.

Definitely feels like this summer is a good chance for us to completely reshape the squad. We’ve been average to crap over the last three years, very few players have been consistent performers.

Recruitment has got to be pretty good though!

At the same time isn’t it a bit of an FFP headache down the line with all this money coming in in a short burst (or are the rules changing).

Guess they could do 2 or 3 years deals with 2 or 3 year options to fiddle it a little

At the same time isn’t it a bit of an FFP headache down the line with all this money coming in in a short burst (or are the rules changing).

Guess they could do 2 or 3 years deals with 2 or 3 year options to fiddle it a little
We've got enough assets in the squad to raise funds in the future still.

Hopefully this is the start of a long term strategy where we both buy and sell well and this summer's nonsense never crops up again.

Regarding the kilman, and the furore about whether teams will inflate their price if we have received a wedge of money, I can see it from both sides.

If we really need/want a player, or any club for that matter, Ofcourse teams will try and up the price. I don’t think that will be down to us selling kilman for X, though. If we sold kilman for 5mil, for example, I don’t think that will change what a club wants for X player, for example.

That being said, I don’t think kilman is anywhere near as bad as some do. He’s a average centre half for a lower mid table team. If someone offers you 30m for that type of player, at 26 years old, you have to take it.

If our scouts haven’t identified targets (we will have a list of CB anyway, irrelevant of the sale) of the same/better ability for less than 30m, then they should seek other employment

From reports, at least 4 options have been identified for each position - by not putting all our eggs in one basket, we effectively mitigate against a club thinking we are desperate for their player as we have at least 3 alternatives we can move onto should they take the piss in what they ask for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back