• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

I see that Dan Mouseley has come in from the cold with a 50 and getting the key wicket of Moeen Ali.

Stirling is with Ireland, better off without him. After his stellar first game he's struggled ro survive an over

Really looking forward to this today. I guess we are either bowling rather quickly or we are about 120 ahead at lunch.

No middle ground with Baz ball. I think I love it, but I bet Boycott has steam coming out of his ears.

I think there are levels - Bairstow was aggressive but controlled, Stokes was out of control and silly

I think there are levels - Bairstow was aggressive but controlled, Stokes was out of control and silly
Yep, he'd seen how things went with the ball during NZ innings and only had to wait a few overs, brainless but its something you'll get with Stokes with such a big talent and ego. As others have said it ain't gunna be dull, rather he played like that than blocking before getting a good un for 20 runs.

Bairstow moves onto 150 in 144 balls

2nd fastest for England behind Stokes

Overton gone 97

296-7

terrific innings and so unlucky

Looked like a top order batsmen yesterday and this morning looked like a #11. Was missing by a foot on some. Was going to knick one eventually, just depended whether he nailed one to the boundary first.

Ah that’s sad. Only in cricket, what a game!

Yeah he would have definitely got there if we had more time last night. Different game this morning for him unfortunately. Brilliant innings though

Looked like a top order batsmen yesterday and this morning looked like a #11. Was missing by a foot on some. Was going to knick one eventually, just depended whether he nailed one to the boundary first.
It’s nerves. Extra half hour last night and he gets over the line easily enough.

England move past 300

Broad gets the long handle out

Amazing how people will bemoan some of the actions of players who have played well above the level expected of them. There's no pleasing some people.

We will now be living rent-free in the Kiwi heads. They will have thought the match was 90% won at 55-6. It will be interesting to see how they react when they have to bat.

50 partnership with Bairstow scoring just 9 of them

Very valuable cameo that. Hopefully we can eke another 25 runs out of the final two wickets but we are already in a decent position and basically a session ahead of the game in terms of time left for the final two innings.

Back