• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I think most clubs know what Coady is. Like Doherty he's only of use to you in a specific system. I mean he 'can' play centre half like Doherty 'can' play right back, but you'd be mad to sign him as one.

I'd wager he wrote his story a few days ago and didn't want to bin it when Nuno didn't get the job so changed a few words

I think most clubs know what Coady is. Like Doherty he's only of use to you in a specific system.

You say that, but it didn't stop Super League Spurs and one of the best managers of the PL era from doing just that!

You say that, but it didn't stop Super League Spurs and one of the best managers of the PL era from doing just that!
I don't think we can treat a deal that Mendes earnt £6m from involving the club he advises, one of his top clients and a player he represents as a benchmark for anything

I don't think we can treat a deal that Mendes earnt £6m from involving the club he advises, one of his top clients and a player he represents as a benchmark for anything

None of that forced Mourinho to play Doc as a RB?

What you say is common sense, we all know it from watching the players you mention, but the Doc example shows that clubs and managers do 'mad' things. And not only for dodgy financial reasons, there'll always be a manager who thinks he can get the best out of a mercurial talent or misjudge a player's suitability for a role or try and put a square peg in a round hole.

Absolutely no way Coady is going (IMO, of course). Ignoring the fact he's our captain, the most vocal player we have and the influence he has on and off the pitch, we're short on numbers (and quality) in defence already - even with Yerson on board - and with Boly/Saiss off to the ACON for weeks, I just don't see him going anywhere.

Obviously if they offer £20m for him, that changes things - but I highly doubt it.

Lage would be a fool to sell our captain at this point, he's barely got his feet under the table, selling the most popular player and leader within the squad would destabilise it further.

Also, since the Albion home game when Coady has played in a 4 i think he has been fine/good. He'd improve with an in form Boly or someone better still next to him though obviously.

Wolves are reportedly in early talks with Benfica regarding 19 year old forward Gonçalo Ramos. [source: NOVO ]

No clue what or who NOVO is

"Gonçalo Ramos sold to Wolves for 30M!" After 1 week "Rúben Vinagre signs for 5 seasons, costing 20M". And everything remains the same in the world of Vieiristão.... the suckers are us, not them..."

God bless fans being torn apart by the crazy world of Jorge Mendes

Ramos is a top prospect. Hope that's true.

Naturally I know nothing about him, but if you say £8m+ Vinagre for a promising forward then that on the face of things feels decent

Presume he is a lad Lage knows well. Coached by Lage Jnr as well?

Fabrizio Romano:

Roma are progressing in talks to sign Rui Patricio from Wolves. Personal terms agreed, negotiations going on between clubs to complete the deal. #ASRoma #Wolves @SkySport

Wolverhampton are set to sign Jose Sa as replacement if Rui Patricio will be sold, confirmed.

Looks happy with both feet, and, crucially, almost built like a grown adult

Back