• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation 24/25 Thread

Hobbs signed Doherty as cheap cover because we'd spaffed all of our budget on Cunha that window.

But the fact the manager keeps using him now we have a good young player sitting in the stand is the most infuriating part.
FIFY

Lima not playing is no surprise. Its very much expected that he will be managed very carefully in the early months.
It's a huge move he has just made and he is a kid.

I hope he plays on Wednesday as that will be a great test for where he is at the moment.

He will get ahead of Doc but not yet. I would agree with Dan though that a better option in the short term would be Mosq at RB with Santi or Toti with Dawson.

I hope the main reason GO was fuming with Doc was his giving up and waving his arm at someone else telling him that Barnes was now his responsibility. Shameful shit to pull.
Fair enough being slow and not being able to keep up but do not stop and push the blame elsewhere

Cunha's fee was the 1st July wasn't it so included in the same as Neves etc?

Loan with the obligation to sign in July triggered after 3 games, done to kick his fee down the road. Like we have done with Mr Strand
No, it went into the previous season

This will be the first relegation battle since Mick’s days, yes we flirted with it in 22/23 but we stayed up with many games to spare.
Who’s in it with us? The 3 promoted clubs definitely, Everton then maybe Brentford, Fulham or Bournemouth.
I think there’s 4 worse sides on paper.
Reality is as I said on the verdict thread the fixtures could destroy us before we hit November.
The amount of people thinking we can just turn the form tap on in November was comical.
You just cannot rock up with say 2 points in November expecting it to all turn around.
Basically Gaz needs a huge result somewhere similar to his City win last season.

Just been looking at the fixtures up to the end of November and outside of getting results which we don't expect, which of course is entirely possible, I came up with 9 points which added to the 1 we already have would put us on 10 which is incidentally the points tally we were on 2 years ago when we brought in Lop

We’ve lost two perfect good opportunities to get some points in our 2 home fixtures.
Newcastle were poor yesterday and previous sides we’ve had would have 2-0 and been good value.
The Chelsea debacle wasn’t down to world class players being world class it was down to our disorganised rabble.
Between now and November we’ve got
Villa (a)
Liverpool (h)
Brentford (a)
City (h)
BHA (a)
How many points from that 1 maybe 2 at a push.
Oh and all the apparent November wins starts v Palace at home. The same side they’d strolled past us 4 months ago.

After yesterday, I think Lima will get his opportunity. He has his issues defensively so we will need to be careful who we pitch him against but attacking wise, a huge improvement on what we have.
What are these issues?

What are these issues?
He's not particularly strong so can get brushed off the ball and positionally he's a bit all over the place. It's possible that Dawson can help him but you'd hope we'd do some work on the training field to improve that. That said, he's talented, he's great going forward and given what we saw when Doc came on, he has to be given an opportunity.

I can understand not matching him up with Gordon or Barnes yesterday but at some stage he needs to be given the rope. Bit like Gomes. I'd rather have him than Hwang who is pretty much the shittiest footballer I've ever seen at this level.

He's not particularly strong so can get brushed off the ball and positionally he's a bit all over the place. It's possible that Dawson can help him but you'd hope we'd do some work on the training field to improve that. That said, he's talented, he's great going forward and given what we saw when Doc came on, he has to be given an opportunity.

I can understand not matching him up with Gordon or Barnes yesterday but at some stage he needs to be given the rope. Bit like Gomes. I'd rather have him than Hwang who is pretty much the shittiest footballer I've ever seen at this level.
Have you seen him play much?

Any competitive games though?
By your fucking definition of competitive, he hasn't played a Prem game yet. I saw enough to form an opinion and understand why GON went with what he thought was the safety first bet. Hopefully he's having second thoughts now.

Back