• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

Doherty says the ref told him he would have sent off the Peterborough player for the challenge on him had it been a league game.

Did the referee ask the Peterborough manager to replace te offending player?

Nope. Spoke to the player at length then when Doherty had reattached his leg, had a word with him.

:icon_lol: sorry, shouldnt laugh at that..hopefully he is ok playing with a fake leg..maybe will get more tricky

Nope. Spoke to the player at length then when Doherty had reattached his leg, had a word with him.

In that case as I said after the Shrewsbury game, if the referee would have given a card then he should have given the manager the opportunity to replace the player. If this request was declined then tthe card should have been shown. Sometimes referees do not help themselves in pre season games.

Nuno still blocking Timmy II

I will do interviews after the last game in Austria

Actually after the Shrewsbury game

Ok may after Peterborough....

Sod It, probably see you at the press conference I am obliged to do before Boro.
Corporate Wolves are still tweeting about sponsoring Nuno for the Boro game. As part of the package you get 15 mins q&a with the manager. E&S should have forked out on this for Tim instead of the jolly to Austria.

Just got back - my lad had a whale of a time. Motm was Jordan graham for us, he had a super game at right wing back. Price and ronan excellent first half, and samuels was a million miles better than mason when he came on.

Jota had some lovely touches but needs time to understand what balls his team mates will play, and where they will run. Get us a striker and I'll be really excited about this season!!

From what i saw we looked pretty good for a friendly. Mason was the standout but not in a good way, he's definitely off. I think we will be very solid at the back this season and with a striker coming in i'm sure we will be a threat going forward. Thought Graham looked good, Saiss much better than Saturday and Boly looks impressive. Still not a lot can be taken from friendlies apart from maybe Saturday's against Leicester.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Jota will be our striker, at least for a little while.

Unless the Marega deal comes through.

Not seen much of Graham before but reminds me of Jarvis. Doesn't really look up just pings crosses in. That's fine if we have a good striker getting on the end of it and knowing what Graham is going to do. Not overly impressed but did better than Zyro.

I'm not sure why we don't play Zyro up front. He can play any position across that front 3 but he was fairly prolific last time he was in the team (or at least got himself off to a flyer).

Not seen much of Graham before but reminds me of Jarvis. Doesn't really look up just pings crosses in. That's fine if we have a good striker getting on the end of it and knowing what Graham is going to do. Not overly impressed but did better than Zyro.

he's a much better 'footballer' than jarvis technically. He is similar in a way that he is positive, takes players on and gets the crowd off their seats but if he was to reach his potential hes got more in his game. Like Kightly (he didn't reach his potential IMO ue to injury!).

I'm not sure why we don't play Zyro up front. He can play any position across that front 3 but he was fairly prolific last time he was in the team (or at least got himself off to a flyer).

Nowhere near sharp enough right now. Nor do I think he'd be better than Dicko there anyway. Although it is pre-season think Zyro is going to need a lot more time to get up to speed

You couldn't be further from Matt Jarvis if you tried. Graham is all pace and flair. Jarvis was all pace on the touchline and had one trick of knocking it past a man and run to the byline where he tried to stand the ball up with his wrong foot. Jarvis was at his best on the break where he could isolate his full back and get the ball across to SEB.

Graham is a skillful winger who likes to drift inside and then put crosses and can shoot from distance. I suppose you got one thing right and that is both of them are right footed.

I don't see Zyro as the answer he has the look of Libor Kozak after his injuries and that's not a good thing.

Zyro was never fast to begin with. I think YW is right, just a lack of match sharpness atm.

Hopefully get to see a lot more from Graham then. But as I say not looking up and whacking in a cross just reminds me of Jarvis.

Hopefully get to see a lot more from Graham then. But as I say not looking up and whacking in a cross just reminds me of Jarvis.

The extraordinary amount of assists that he has in the few games that he has played suggests that he does have an end product.

Back