• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

I'm of the opinion that another manager would have found themselves in exactly the same predicament GON finds himself in...

It's been a brutal start to the season, it was always gonna be. I was HOPING for 8 points from the first 10 games. Honestly I EXPECTED to have 1 point after these 5 games, if we have more than 3 points after ten games I'd be surprised.

I'm no fan of GON, I find he has excuses for everything (I've not listened to any interviews this season so don't know if he's still peddling lame excuses), but I feel it would be harsh to judge GON on these opening games (it's an awful fixture list)...

The danger is we spiral to oblivion though, losing becomes a habit. I questioned his tactics last season and I've found his tactics far to open versus very difficult opposition this season, almost as if he sees them as free hits, when it may well have served us better to have had a boring safety first approach...

Looking at upcoming fixtures, I think we need at least 7 points in November, unless we somehow get 4 or 5 points from Liverpool, Brentford, City and Brighton, which seems unlikely...

We may get though November and have fewer than 5 points in total from 13 games! If that's the case, it may be too late to save the season anyway.

Fuck.

It would be stupidly unpopular but I’d say Allardyce might actually be an improvement.

Disclaimer: not a vote for Big Sam.
In Big Sam’s heyday I would have agreed with you but he is well past his sell by now and he is a dinosaur in style of play these days.

Who’s out there though?
And who’s going to come and manage us knowing we are very badly run with a chairman who lies ?
There are quite a few out there including Conceicao, Moyes and Potter. Persuading them to come would be the challenge. As a previous poster said Mendes may be able to sell it to Conceicao; bring it on!

Stating the obvious, but the longer they leave it the less desirable it becomes. Give it another 6, games and we are likely to be 5 points or so from safety.

I'd be very surprised if he goes before Brentford, it's an International Break after that so a defeat there and the timing fits. A point or more against them and I think he survives. Winless after Palace would still be where I think they'd do it.

Back