• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

I'd be surprised if any signings are his, being given a veto is the best he can hope for
I'd be surprised if there are many signings at all, unless there's a big bid incoming, then we'll replace for less.
We should be comfortable enough, and have been told the big money is coming in the summer.

I'd be surprised if there are many signings at all, unless there's a big bid incoming, then we'll replace for less.
We should be comfortable enough, and have been told the big money is coming in the summer.
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
I think there is a chance he will be gone at the end of the season but the real problem is could anyone do any better with this squad (I mean any realistic manager who would come to work for us)
Yes.

I'm looking forward to the reason that won't happen, a bit more FFP?

The beer is always free tomorrow.

Oh, I doubt it will come, but it will be the reason given for not spending this January.

GO clearly only trusts about 14 players so any injury is going to have a big impact. With Neto out Cunha and Hwang play nearly every minute. I’m not convinced any other manager would be doing much better with the squad we have. Yes he makes some strange decisions such as reverting to a back four today but the issue today was an inability to do the basics which has little to do with formation. Lop got players he wanted in January and GO has done enough to deserve the same, though I understand Hobbs will be main man when it comes to recruitment.

GO clearly only trusts about 14 players so any injury is going to have a big impact. With Neto out Cunha and Hwang play nearly every minute. I’m not convinced any other manager would be doing much better with the squad we have. Yes he makes some strange decisions such as reverting to a back four today but the issue today was an inability to do the basics which has little to do with formation. Lop got players he wanted in January and GO has done enough to deserve the same, though I understand Hobbs will be main man when it comes to recruitment.
Lop certainly would do better with this squad.

People are kidding themselves if they think nobody could do better.

Also, players not doing the basics comes down to formation and tactics. If players know where each other are and can perceive their movements on and off the ball the basics become much easier to perform. If nobody knows where they are and what they're role is it becomes immensely harder.

This is in the main to do with time, if you know where somebody is you have time to relax and do not have to look up as it becomes muscle memory. If you have to think every time you perform an action then you quickly run out of time and the action is performed badly.

Apologies for technicality.

Plenty out there who would be better.
We wouldn't pay for them though, even down to poaching a head coach.
GO the best we are going to get and therefore our season will be meh.
As mentioned before will take meh this season because of he we fucked up the summer.

Still reserve the right to be annoyed when it's shit, go OTT when I feel he has got it wrong and also declare we are fucking ace when we pull off a shock win though.

I do think the Lopetegui discussion has gone a bit binary, I stand by this

I can't agree with this at all.
At CH he had Collins not Santi, Moutinho regularly did a job for twenty minutes at the end of a game, Costa could hold the ball up which Sasa and Fabio seem unable to, Podence though irritating was an option up front. Add in Sa was fit to play every game too. And he also had Nunes.

At CH he had Collins not Santi, Moutinho regularly did a job for twenty minutes at the end of a game, Costa could hold the ball up which Sasa and Fabio seem unable to, Podence though irritating was an option up front. Add in Sa was fit to play every game too.
I don't know what you're arguing here.

I would think Lop would be infinitely better with this squad than GoN is. Mainly based on evidence, definitely on the way were playing pre-season, with a defined style and purpose.

He's also got a wealth of evidence proving he's a bloody good manager at the top level.

If you genuinely think GoN would be better I don't know what to say other than I disagree with you and I think you're ignoring all evidence in front of your eyes.

And I say that as somebody who wasn't a great fan of his football but I can admit that he's very good.

Infinitely better?

I think you're wrong, Lop was nowhere near as good as he thought he was.

But anyway, it doesn't matter - Lop threw a tantrum and fucked off so it's all moot.

We have GON now and it's very unlikely we get someone better, not because we can't, but because the club doesn't haven the appetite to. Their target is survival, and we'll achieve that comfortably.

Back