• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

O'Neil is clearly winning the fans over. Results will be significantly helping with this, but his interviews, soundbites and post match comments will also be helping a lot.
The players have clearly taken to him well. Indeed they seem to appreciate him a lot. It suggests that there were numerous fallings out or other stuff going on with Lop in place (look at how RAN was isolated for example, & also Moutinho, amongst others).
The southbank were vociferous on saturday singing Gary O'Neils barmy army. Fans are certainly coming over to him.

O'Neil deserves it. We're scoring goals on a very consistent basis, haven't seen that for two and a half years. Good goals from open play too. And we’re looking to take or retake leads -unprecedented since Covid. Hwang has as many in October as our top scorer ended with last season.

Make hay while the sun shines and all that

O'Neil is clearly winning the fans over. Results will be significantly helping with this, but his interviews, soundbites and post match comments will also be helping a lot.
The players have clearly taken to him well. Indeed they seem to appreciate him a lot. It suggests that there were numerous fallings out or other stuff going on with Lop in place (look at how RAN was isolated for example, & also Moutinho, amongst others).
The southbank were vociferous on saturday singing Gary O'Neils barmy army. Fans are certainly coming over to him.
It wasn't just the SB either. All four sides pretty much joined in.

Fair play to him for turning it around with the fans. I truly hope he does well and makes me look silly with my early comments about him. (I’ve already had one of my posts from August ‘shushed’ over the weekend :ROFLMAO: )

Fair play to him for turning it around with the fans. I truly hope he does well and makes me look silly with my early comments about him. (I’ve already had one of my posts from August ‘shushed’ over the weekend :ROFLMAO: )
Me too, on all counts.

There's nothing like your team doing well and enjoying to go and see them.

It's been a while.

I’ll drink to that, Johnster. 🍻

Going into the International break I expected us to be on at least 15pts, likelihood is it’s gonna be 12.
I posted earlier that I still wasn’t quite convinced, we’ve had a decent run but I’ll still continue to reserve judgement until we go into 2024.

Going into the International break I expected us to be on at least 15pts, likelihood is it’s gonna be 12.
I didn't expect us to have 12 points at this point 5 weeks ago though and i'd imagine you didn't either? So there is that.

Props to him again for today. Proving a lot of people, even me, very wrong about him. We’re playing some pretty good stuff at the minute and conceding first no longer feels like a condemnation to defeat.

He’s given the players belief and getting the fans believing again. I haven’t felt like this about a Wolves side since late 2020.

Congratulations to GON. He's taken his licks and is now turning us into a really decent team. He has encouraged players to express themselves but also installed some discipline into the tactics. He'll have bad spells again but after Ipswich, he has got it right and learned some lessons. More importantly, the players appear to be together and want to play for him. When players like Dawson say he's the best coach he's ever had, you have to listen. Well done GON. Long may it continue.

Congratulations to GON. He's taken his licks and is now turning us into a really decent team. He has encouraged players to express themselves but also installed some discipline into the tactics. He'll have bad spells again but after Ipswich, he has got it right and learned some lessons. More importantly, the players appear to be together and want to play for him. When players like Dawson say he's the best coach he's ever had, you have to listen. Well done GON. Long may it continue.

Better than Lop? Surely not…

Back