• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottm Forest 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

What?!

Why do you think Forest had loads of attacks down that side as soon as he came on? He can't run, he can't turn and he's terrible in possession. There's no "narrative" here, he's a bad player.

He is significantly worse than Doc defensively from what I've seen. Doc uses his experience and keeps the ball in defensive situations better than Lima. Sorry, I know that doesn't fit your narrative but Lima isn't ready for the defensive load at Prem. level yet IMO.
Nonsense. Doc doesn’t make howlers because he’s continually out of position and shambling back.

Going to have to get used to Doc being the cover for the first half of the season at least.
We are going to manage Lima and ensure he is settled and mentally ready before dropping him into the PL.

What I will say is that a pre-match fear was unfounded. We didn't revert to that shitty comfort blanket and play 3 CHs. Good. I don't think Toti is a particularly good LB and I don't think Ait-Nouri has the requisite end product to play ahead of him (he should 100% score after 90 seconds and doesn't) but as a make do and mend solution it's just about ok.

What?!

Why do you think Forest had loads of attacks down that side as soon as he came on? He can't run, he can't turn and he's terrible in possession. There's no "narrative" here, he's a bad player.
Chill down.
Most of us agree with you that Doc shouldn't be near our first team after all this time.
But having seen Lima play all his Wolves games so far, he would be torn apart defensively.
He's not strong enough yet. He's not got the experience you need to see out games. He can easily be moved off the ball.

He is significantly worse than Doc defensively from what I've seen. Doc uses his experience and keeps the ball in defensive situations better than Lima. Sorry, I know that doesn't fit your narrative but Lima isn't ready for the defensive load at Prem. level yet IMO.
I've no idea how you can come to that verdict based on 1 game in the Cup where he was absolutely fine, both defensively and going forward.

I’m absolutely distraught at Toti’s start to the season. He really has been in no less than benching form. Meupiyou I guess?

On the other hand, I’m absolutely delighted that André is in #7 as the teeth gnashing will be delicious. 😘

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
That's because you didn't see him in pre-season and I did.
We get it, you went to those games. But you know we all saw them on TV too?

And you know we've watched Matt Doherty play 300+ games as well?

Clean slate every season innit

So watching on TV, you didn't fully see his positional play. And, if you paid close attention, you'd have seen how he lost the ball by being out muscled. He's a good prospect but let's not overload him at this point in his career. He needs careful handling and a lot more work before he takes that position IMO.

If we had a functional back up to Semedo as well - I'm with you.

We have Matt Doherty FFS. You cannot seriously argue he is better, because he just isn't. He's awful.

Pointless being subtle with us is it.

Passive aggressive digs at his boss just means he gets fuck all in January

A point is better than nothing I suppose but it seems from this forum (I didn't see the game) that while we're decent going forward, we're still a bombscare defensively, maybe worse than the end of last season?
Hopefully the arrival of Andre will mean we have more control.
It's all very well being exciting going forward but surely our goals for column should be higher if that's what we're relying on to mitigate our defensive frailty?

If we had a functional back up to Semedo as well - I'm with you.

We have Matt Doherty FFS. You cannot seriously argue he is better, because he just isn't. He's awful.
I am arguing that Doc is better than Lima defensively. And it would appear that GON appears to think so also.

What did Jonny ever do after shanking a cross into touch away at Derby in pre-season?

I am arguing that Doc is better than Lima defensively. And it would appear that GON appears to think so also.
Or Lima is a kid who just left his home country for the first time and Gary understands not to snuff out youthful enthusiasm immediately.

Back