• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have we not managed to appoint anybody? Seriously. How? There should have been plenty of candidates that would have improved us who would have wanted the job.

I can only presume they are banking on Lopetegui again (for a 3rd time!) and he’s not that good that he’s worth waiting for.

As soon as Beale turned us down we should have been straight on the phone to whoever the next choice was. It’s unbelievable.

Bookies pay out on next manager completing 10 games. Davis could make it!

Bookies pay out on next manager completing 10 games. Davis could make it!
Pretty much this. His tenth match is away to Villa on the 2nd Jan. I'm lumping on (and probably laying Wolves for the rest of the season).

How have we not managed to appoint anybody? Seriously. How? There should have been plenty of candidates that would have improved us who would have wanted the job.

I can only presume they are banking on Lopetegui again (for a 3rd time!) and he’s not that good that he’s worth waiting for.

As soon as Beale turned us down we should have been straight on the phone to whoever the next choice was. It’s unbelievable.
The thing is it's not even until the World Cup, it's until the New Year so any opportunity for a manager to have a pseudo pre season with 90% of the squad goes as well

The athletic article says Bo Svensson wanted it but we disregarded him.

The thing is it's not even until the World Cup, it's until the New Year so any opportunity for a manager to have a pseudo pre season with 90% of the squad goes aswell
Kind of hoping that is more a maximum time and someone could come in before then.....and then remember our team don't do things normally so it's probably a minimum and we will still be looking in February.

Kind of hoping that is more a maximum time and someone could come in before then.....and the remember our team don't do things normally so it's probably a minimum and we will still be looking in February.
Let's says for example, Lopetegui has said he'll come in mid Jan or Southgate has said the same (he hasn't and I wouldn't want him just an International manager who may be available post WC). Are they still going to come if we are 6 points or so off safety?, Rhetorical question as I know the answer.

Let's says for example, Lopetegui has said he'll come in mid Jan or Southgate has said the same (he hasn't and I wouldn't want him just an International manager who may be available post WC). Are they still going to come if we are 6 points or so off safety?, Rhetorical question as I know the answer.
Probably be the Iran manager knowing us!

Scenes if Villa appoint Beale.
They'll be fishing from the same pool we've just laid an enormous turd in. Once they get over the delusional candidates, let's see who they employ. Assuming Gerrard gets binned tomorrow I bet by 2 weeks today he'll be in place. I think Beale has gone too 'all in' today to walk anywhere this season

Last edited:
All told… what the holy fck is going on? It’s almost inconceivable that things could have been managed any worse since May 2021. Is that it? We just lucked out with Nuno for 4 years and now my football supporting life must return to the mediocrity-at-best fare I’ve endured since the 80s? The final kick in the tits being a load of spoiled fans rubbishing the legacy of the only quality time I got to enjoy.

Bit down in the dumps about it all it’s fair to say.

The thing is it's not even until the World Cup, it's until the New Year so any opportunity for a manager to have a pseudo pre season with 90% of the squad goes as well
It is strange timing. Transfer window. Ronaldo. Ridiculous. Possible. Surely not?

'No outstanding candidate'

Then what about good?

Decent?

Competent?

Only Steve Davis? likable bloke or not this is fucking lunacy.

It's their job to have a list that's refreshed sometimes of managers who they approached should we sack the incumbent...these cunts sack Lage then start to look around then go no, fuck it.

So the bloke we approached yesterday was what if not an "outstanding candidate" in their eyes.

It's like trying to pull the hottest girl in the club and when she tells you to fuck off says you didn't fancy her anyway

They'll be fishing from the same pool we've just laid an enormous turd in. Once they get over the delusional candidates, let's see who they employ. Assuming Gerrard gets binned tomorrow I bet by 2 weeks today he'll be place. I think Beale has gone too 'all in' today to walk anywhere this season
We had the opportunity to fish in this pool before villa and have blown that initiative.

I'm sure villa will sack Gerrard and appoint a better manager than Davis before we appoint our new guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back