• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit Thread - slag off what you want in here

As mentioned elsewhere, I thought the kit looked good on TV today. That sponsor is a million times better and the colour looked good too.

Why do the official Twitter keep using some weird filter on the pictures that make the colour look awful?

Just watching the game now and the shirt colour is spot on and Fosun make a great sponsor

Someone more au fait with the rules: presumably, were we to have Fosun as our shirt sponsor say, next season, we'd risk falling foul of the rules that Man City are alleged to have breached with their stadium naming ie getting around FFP rules on revenue by having what is effectively the club's owners putting loads of cash in as revenue under the guise of a sponsorship deal?

I think it has to be the same level as an arms length transaction to stop any suspicion.

You know what? When Jota scored the first one I jumped off the sofa, punched the air, shouted "Yeeeesssss!!!" and didn't even notice the colour of the kit

Someone more au fait with the rules: presumably, were we to have Fosun as our shirt sponsor say, next season, we'd risk falling foul of the rules that Man City are alleged to have breached with their stadium naming ie getting around FFP rules on revenue by having what is effectively the club's owners putting loads of cash in as revenue under the guise of a sponsorship deal?
We have gone from MoneyShop at less than £1m per year to W88 approx £5m to ShitLogoX at approx £10m in 3 seasons. So say we have another successful season or 2 Fosun could sponsor us and we could get away with doubling or trebling the current deal and no one will look. If Fosun sponsor us and suddenly its £50m+ a year it will be looked at.

You know what? When Jota scored the first one I jumped off the sofa, punched the air, shouted "Yeeeesssss!!!" and didn't even notice the colour of the kit
Forget the kit, you need to reassess your emotional investment in a pre season kick about [emoji6]

I was very happy until they zoomed in on the collar. Furious after that and turned the TV off in disgust....

We have gone from MoneyShop at less than £1m per year to W88 approx £5m to ShitLogoX at approx £10m in 3 seasons. So say we have another successful season or 2 Fosun could sponsor us and we could get away with doubling or trebling the current deal and no one will look. If Fosun sponsor us and suddenly its £50m+ a year it will be looked at.
Okay that makes sense - ie there's no automatic prohibition provided it's a proportionate sum.

Maybe that has always been part of the plan.

Okay that makes sense - ie there's no automatic prohibition provided it's a proportionate sum.

Maybe that has always been part of the plan.

Yep. Essentially, don't take the piss like PSG did when they announced a £200m+ a year shirt deal from a company that belongs to their owners

Not sure Fosun will want to sponsor us (unless they have to for us to compete financially). They don’t want to just blow money on us, and despite then comfortably being able to sponsor is £50m or whatever, I doubt they want to inject that much plus normal cash injections when they can get some other company to pay the cash for them.

Heard a whisper about a 3rd Kit. Release towards end of August for Europa Cup. Arsenal Home template.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest it might be Teal in colour

New Kit Thread 2019/20 - slag off the collar in here

Home and Away “Asia Cup” shirts available on club website.

Fosun sponsor. Away had sold out already.

EDIT - it hadn’t sold out, just had to click away section. Didn’t appear under “View All”. Got myself one.

Bought an away one literally 2mins ago. £75 but I don't care!

OOOO - If pay day had been Friday I would have been absolutely fucking all over that.

One away top in the bag. Lovely

Didn’t get there in time for the away

Back