• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

love/hate thy neighbours?

One of my best friends is an Albion fan. His son was good friends with my son so I used to often take both boys to Wolves matches with me - so my mates son is now a season ticket holding Wolves fan!

Nice one.You will be rewarded in Heaven for your good work on earth NE66 :)

Easy to support a team that end up Champions. Mid-table Championship for a few seasons is a different kettle of fish.

You did realise that was Div 3 Champions? Anyway they have always had good support.

By the same token, haven't you been absolutely desperate for us to beat Wednesday and the Blades over the last couple of months...

Yeah...ha, anyway. I think I am confusing on here with the crap I read on twitter, insulting comments and generalisations etc.

Don't care a out WBA, dislike Blues (bad experiences with their fans a few years ago) and I would like Villa to stay down only because I've got a Villa mate and it'd be nice to lord it over him!

Living oop North I'd rather teams like Leeds/Boro stayed down and we beat them

However I do hate Bolton.

I think the changes made by our dear friends today are the right ones.

Someone has to pay for a) not binning Pulis at the end of last season, b) not binning Pulis earlier this season, and c) thinking that Pardew was a sensible appointment.

A lot of that sounds really fucking familiar.

Their board members have paid the price and if I was Pardew (thank the maker I am not) I would be expecting a "thanks but fuck off" note the day after relegation is confirmed.

Don’t mind Albion at all, BCS is a pain.
Don’t like Villa any more based on a few fans I know.
Absolutely hate everything to do with Blues, vile club from top to bottom.
Can’t stand Stoke based on one fan who works at our place who is the biggest bellface I know. Plus they always seem to cause trouble when they come here.

Having said that I couldn’t give a fuck if they all implode down to League One and stay there, I only care about where we are.

Guess it shows how little I think of Stoke in that this whole thread has copious mentions of them but I completely forgot about them when posting....

I think if your not a Wolves fan from North of the city/town, Stoke mean no more than a Derby or Forest.

Stoke can go - Read their forum if you want a laugh at the moment. They are on suicide watch.

Reading the Oatcake forum is very similar to Wolves boards this time last year with a split between those who say Lambert deserves time, a situation not of his own making and needs a pre-season and those saying he's a dull, uninspiring appointment who will fail and has done fuck all since Norwich

My thoughts echo most on here.

Villa - didn't mind them at all until this season but the snide comments of Xia and Bruce towards us have wound me up. Clearly they’d be in a right mess financially if they stayed down too. Wouldn’t break my heart if they went up but I’d prefer them not to.

Stoke - horrible place, horrible football team, horrible accent. Been stinking the Premier League out for a number of years now without ever doing anything worthwhile. About time they took up their rightful place in the football pecking order - bottom half of the Championship. Relegation, please.

Blues - absolutely despise everything about them. Vile, vile outfit. Always have been, always will be. Sadly it looks like Cotterill will somehow keep them up but we won’t have to worry about playing anymore after this season them for a long time.

WBA - they can **** right off. Had the upper hand over us for way, way too long. Another side the Premier League will gladly see the back of after boring everyone rigid for god knows how long. Like the derby games but not bothered if they’re not there. We’ll have our revenge in a cup competition thank you very much. See some of their fans are very worried they have an owner who will keep his wallet shut in the summer and not do the rebuild required. He may even want to cut his losses and sell up. A Charlton situation here would suit me perfectly. Stockport even better. **** them and everything they stand for. ****s.

Ideally I’d like to see Derby and Fulham come up with us. Derby are a proper club (although they appear to have started their customary bottle job earlier this season, currently 2 down at Hillsborough) and Fulham is a superb away day.

Villa to beat Cardiff in the play off semi’s, then Fulham to do them in the final. Lovely stuff.

N.B If Fulham beat Villa on Saturday, that pack of four below us will be tighter than a duck’s a***hole.

Just read the villa forum promotion charge
Apparently we are shitting ourselves playing a full strength Villa.
������
Cant wait to see there old players chasing shadows

Having family members that are Wolves, Albion, Villa, and Blues fans makes it quite interesting.Whatever League we are all in it makes for interesting banter.

The Albion family member was raised as a Wolf. Not quite sure what happened there :icon_lol:

Gone feral. We had a cat that did that.

Where would that come from - have they got different players to the lot we walked all Over last time?

Just read the villa forum promotion charge
Apparently we are shitting ourselves playing a full strength Villa.
������
Cant wait to see there old players chasing shadows

On Villatalk? Been reading that thread for a few days now, they seem like a decent bunch would be my opinion. The villa version of this site. Most are just enjoying an upturn in fortune.

I respect it when people say they don't have much ill-feeling towards the Albion but then they probably weren't dragged into a pub on the evening of the Sheffield Wednesday blow-up match (still in Wolves shirt) and subjected to half an hour's worth of Albion songs and taunts. It was only half serious to be fair, and they bought me beer, but I was 17 and that kind of thing leaves a scar. I want them down, without a whimper.

It would also complete our hat-trick of us passing them by on the way up, which is just poetic.

Blues can join them in their misery. Disgusting club best left in the lower echelons of the Football League.

Villa can do what they like. I've never minded them too much and we'll be better than them next season either way.

Stoke I couldn't care less about. I'd rather Newcastle fell through the trap door. Hey, why not both along with the Baggies?

Growing up in Shropshire most of those at school either supported Wolves or were glory hunting shits, only knew a few Albion/Villa/Blues fans so the rivalry came more just from the games we played against them. Because we have played Blues a lot more these past ten years and the fans I knew were nobs, just dislike them far more. Poor fanbase, shit ground, and seem to have a tendency of signing absolute wankers. If I had to pick the fate of one Midlands team Birmingham getting relegated would be ideal.

Albion fans I have met are ok, don't have overly strong feelings on them as rivals. BCD brings out the worst of both fanbases. I would rather they get relegated because they have played some of the worst football in the league for years and it has felt like a punishment to watch them than the rivalry. Seems very likely that they are gone, especially if they don't win their next game against Huddersfield.

This season Villa was a really big game but that has come more us both fighting (however distant they are from us) for promotion than them being local. No strong feelings again, prefer them to Blues or Albion. Don't mind too much if they get promoted or not though I do hope Fulham go up with us.

Hardly think of Stoke at all, and never as our rivals. Don't care if they stay up or not.

On Villatalk? Been reading that thread for a few days now, they seem like a decent bunch would be my opinion. The villa version of this site. Most are just enjoying an upturn in fortune.
I'v been reading since day 1 for a laugh.
We were shit at the start of the season
Then we would be shit in the winter
Now we are shitting ourselves playing a full strength villa team.

They cant handle we are a far better team. Terry, and Chester will be destroyed by Cav, Costa, and Jota.

I would not take any of there players not fucking one of them.

Villla - my dad is a villa fan, and my grandad was too. My grandad was a wonderful person, so as a result, I don't actively dislike villa. Recent comments by Xia/Bruce are unlikely to represent the majority of villa fans, and the club is bigger than both of them. Overall, would hope they come up with us.

Blues - vile. Have not met a single fan of theirs who is a reasonable person. Thought I had a couple of years ago, but he's since shown himself to be a self righteous, spoilt, infantile twat. Blues have no redeeming features whatsoever. Plus, they employed redknapp. Fuck them. A pox on them and their awful stadium.

Stoke - don't see them as rivals in the same way many others do. Care very little for their football. Care even less for the confrontational nature of their and our fans when we play each other.

Albion - in theory, they're a similar sized club to us, with a similar-ish history, and a similar catchement of fans. Theoretically, we should have more in common than what separates us. Suspect some hooligan events from the 70's/80's have left scars difficult to heal. Feel that a lot of BCD stuff by the police is over the top personally.

Bolton, hate them.

Back