• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 29/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

So much to be proud of in this performance, especially from players who are usually on the bench. Viangre, Neto and Kilman all had cracking games and absolutely gave their best. They really showed what great prospects they are for the future. We restricted Liverpool to almost nothing, especially in the second half, and if it wasn’t for the over-use of VAR in ridiculous offside calls we’d have a more than deserved draw.

So proud of what this team is achieving, what a time to be a Wolves fan!

Gave a good account of ourselves there. Proud of that team, me.

Best team lost
TAA motm.... What a joke... Got skilled 4 times in the 2nd half, looked like a fucking clown, Carragher must be fucking blind.

Just given the world champions a headache and we’re unlucky to lose
Agreed Cyber. Considering the team we put out I was expecting us to be comfortably beaten so the players can come out with their heads held high.

We were bloody brilliant in that 2nd half and I could hardly enjoy it as I was still so pissed off.

Fuck VAR.

No point in complaining- a team short of most of its impact players, two days after turning the champions over, gave a performance to be proud of.

Stout defensive performance, heartstopping up front, and only walking away from the home of the champions-elect without points by the most slender of margins. Top marks to the boys, result be damned.

Screwed by VAR. But we fought well.

So disapointing to not score at the end when we had a bunch of opportunities. Can't win them all.

Am just going to say that this game flamed a war between some liverpool fans and the rest, on the Benfica forum :D

It can all fuck off for me right now. I expected a defeat but I expected the world champions to do it and not a system that is run by fucking idiots.

Whatever the argument over VAR am still incredibly proud of this team - necessary changes made & we went toe to toe with the runaway league leaders away

Could still well have come out with something (not what Leicester can say).

As Nuno says we always compete

Another great display from us and never give up, we deserved more. VAR or football is dead, you choose

Those chances on the edge of the box at the end...anyone else wish Neves was still on.

We deserved a point there. But 3 points and no negative to the goal difference from the top two in 45 hours really isn't that bad is it?

VAR can just be gone though. It's awful.

Best team lost
TAA motm.... What a joke... Got skilled 4 times in the 2nd half, looked like a fucking clown, Carragher must be fucking blind.

Made his decision before kick off

Having a Liverpool old boy on comms & choosing that should really not be allowed - only going one way (fortunately my hearings going a bit so couldn't hear what he was saying during the game)

WOW, Liverpool being given the title by PGMOL and Mike Riley.

This Liverpool side is nothing special, just propped up by corrupt officiating.

I'd calm down before typing again mate. nothing special ???

TAA is a marvellous player but he was average at best tonight. Vinny destroyed him every time going forward.

Gomez was their best player for me. From an England perspective its good to see him back.

Yet to be convinced that van Dijk handles it, not in a video from 40 yards away in any case and with his back to the camera.

The referee disallowed their goal, the linesman and referee gave our goal = 1-0 win for us... Robbed by VAR

Massive respect for Kilman... Salah barely got anything past him.

Back