• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 29/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Var is just destroying the sport from the inside, I have caught myself from not cheering a few goals now just to see if VAR will move in or not. This is not the football i want anymore, hope they change this now, heard they will have a meeting in february.

Var is just destroying the sport from the inside, I have caught myself from not cheering a few goals now just to see if VAR will move in or not. This is not the football i want anymore, hope they change this now, heard they will have a meeting in february.

I didn't celebrate the Jiminez one against City at the match, was waiting for the foul on Mendy.

Yeah, I hardly cheer goals now. First thought is always VAR

Sick to death of seeing this. To use an analogy I've used before, if you put me in an F1 car I'd smash it into the wall by the second corner. It's not the cars fault, but its still a car crash and if you let me have another go I'll do it again. No point having the apparatus if you don't have the wherewithal to operate it, you can't separate the two
Get competent people to operate it. Solved.

But even this is too much, we seem to be getting the short end of the stick in every decision.

Still waiting for the VAR supporters to pipe up. This is killing our game.

is it me, or there werent such shocking decisions in the championship and league 1? even back in the 90s i dont remember such shit in the premier league/first league

Which other countries have VAR? Do they have these ridiculous offside calls or is it just us?

Serie A has it but I haven't seen anything as bad or as frequent as what we get here. When I went to an Inter game it was pretty swiftly handled also, there was a penalty awarded and a second checked both done within about 30 seconds.

They don't exist

Naturally, the responsible body should invest in education for the operators. Get German and Italian operators to explain the system, create adequate protocols and cases. Prepare the ground and get people who can operate it on board.

If they don't want to do this it is irrelevant if the tech is good or not, no one will get it right if they don't know how to work it

That's a nine second clip. Why wasn't it checked? Oh yes, because Liverpool "scored"...
Fuck off VAR

I mean isnt that ridiculous? Unless there is a conspiracy and its done on purpose, what other excuse is there? its literally the pass for the goal, its not even buildup for the goal.

I love Jonny, but I think Vinagre may be earning some pitch time today

I mean isnt that ridiculous? Unless there is a conspiracy and its done on purpose, what other excuse is there? its literally the pass for the goal, its not even buildup for the goal.

Fuck me, I'm in agreement with Monstrum! Merry Christmas...

Feel like every time we play Liverpool in the league we play really well and it’s just not enough.

is it me, or there werent such shocking decisions in the championship and league 1? even back in the 90s i dont remember such shit in the premier league/first league
It's like Young Wolf said yesterday. These type of goals have always happened, it's just linesman didn't call them because they are too tight and tv shows weren't anal enough to look for them. In fact until this season nobody considered anything other than the feet to be offside despite what the law says. Pukki's goal yesterday was a classic old fashioned centre forward holding back, leaning his body forward and going on the through ball. Last year it wouldn't have been considered as offside on a show like MOTD as even if they'd freeze framed it they would have looked at his feet. Mike Riley hasn't re-written the laws, but he has re-written the interpretation

Back