• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Great pass from Eriksen creates the opening for the third. Selfish from Son though wasting the chance twice before Alli pokes it away for his second.

On a serious note, what exactly is a defense expected to do to counter Spurs' second goal?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On a serious note, what exactly is a defense expected to do to counter Spurs' second goal?

You'll always be very disappointed to get totally taken out by a simple ball over the top when numbers are in your favour. The finish is excellent but that's too easy to let him in like that.

Just needs one of the defenders to track his run, instead they leave him to one another and gets a free run in behind.

There's not much between Chelsea and spurs other than the goals.

Having someone who can stick the ball in the net is vital. We will need a top striker in the summer

Just needs one of the defenders to track his run, instead they leave him to one another and gets a free run in behind.

Christensen looked like he was tracking it, he was just too slow.

I dunno, I just have a hard time seeing how you stop a goal like that if the attacker has an advantage in speed.

5cd90a7b1a79fe51e371b313e534515f.jpg

Christensen looked like he was tracking it, he was just too slow.

I dunno, I just have a hard time seeing how you stop a goal like that if the attacker has an advantage in speed.
It was Alli, not Aubameyang.

Azpilicueta had the best shot at him, tried to pass him on to Christiansen but he never really had eyes on him to know where to follow so Azpilicueta should've just crossed over and tracked him all the way but that slight stutter gave Alli all the space he needed.

It's fine margins but that's what separates the very best in the game, if that's say Kompany rather than Christiansen you'd back him to mop that up with minimal fuss.

It was Alli, not Aubameyang.

Azpilicueta had the best shot at him, tried to pass him on to Christiansen but he never really had eyes on him to know where to follow so Azpilicueta should've just crossed over and tracked him all the way but that slight stutter gave Alli all the space he needed.

It's fine margins but that's what separates the very best in the game, if that's say Kompany rather than Christiansen you'd back him to mop that up with minimal fuss.
I'd still back Alli to beat Christiansen and Azpilicueta in a foot race with that kind of head start tbh.

I guess it just seems a bit harsh to me. The pass from Dier and first touch from Alli were both incredible.

I'd still back Alli to beat Christiansen and Azpilicueta in a foot race with that kind of head start tbh.

I guess it just seems a bit harsh to me. The pass from Dier and first touch from Alli were both incredible.

He shouldn't be getting the head start is the point, they should be tracking his run and putting themselves goal side, giving themselves the head start. I think potentially Christiansen is a bit too far up the pitch, or not dropping off quick enough, as Alli seemed to run in front of Azpilicueta to get in behind Christiansen, if he'd been a little deeper he'd have seen it developing and been better able to take the runner from his team mate.

It's a decent run and a fantastic first touch from Alli but Chelsea really should've kept a closer eye on things to not give him that space to begin with.

PNE miss a penalty vs Derby. Terrible match so far.

Forest game postponed due to waterlogged pitch.

Iffy goalkeeper and it's 1-0 Derby.

If Bristol city and middlesborough win today the play places will really start to tighten up

Hopefully Millwall and Sheffield United win as well. It then becomes an insane bun-fight. Combine that with a hopeful Villa loss tomorrow and they will be shitting themselves.

Christ Ryan Mason is dull on SSN. He seems incapable of getting enthusiastic about anything.

Millwall winning at Ipswich so they’re up to sixth with Boro dropping to eighth.

Back