• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

1-1, good header. This game is dead though, there's no atmosphere what so ever.

I love how many games there are over this period but every year the football gets worse at this time of year. No recovery time for players, so many more (serious) injuries and crap , tired football. Common sense needs to prevail sooner rather than later

I love how many games there are over this period but every year the football gets worse at this time of year. No recovery time for players, so many more (serious) injuries and crap , tired football. Common sense needs to prevail sooner rather than later

I agree, a winter break (or not playing a ridiculous amount of fixtures so close together) needs to happen.

How about no games between boxing day and New year's Day?

And people wonder why so many players are rested on FA Cup 3rd round day.

I don't think a winter break is needed but just more days between games. I think the four games we have had have been fine because players should be able to play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday over four games but the problem comes when teams only have 1 day break between games like teams have had today.

I don't think a winter break is needed but just more days between games. I think the four games we have had have been fine because players should be able to play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday over four games but the problem comes when teams only have 1 day break between games like teams have had today.

Unless I have misread it, Tottenham are playing tomorrow evening and then Thursday evening. Why didn't they play at the weekend?

Brighton look by far the better team here. Nothing spectacular, just a standard Hughton team. They'd be even better if they signed a better striker (not Dembele).

Unless I have misread it, Tottenham are playing tomorrow evening and then Thursday evening. Why didn't they play at the weekend?

Were down to play West Ham on NYE then the police said you couldn't move that many people from Wembley on that date.

As scruffy a goal as you could see, but I don't suppose that Bournemouth are bothered one bit.

That has to be one of the worst goals in Premier League history.

Have sky not had anything to do with the Spurs games as they are all on TV?

Can’t agree mate there’s been a higher number of injuries in the last couple of weeks, and I’ve just seen Wes morgan limp off and won’t be surprised if there are more today. The football has been absolutely dire too.

Can’t agree mate there’s been a higher number of injuries in the last couple of weeks, and I’ve just seen Wes morgan limp off and won’t be surprised if there are more today. The football has been absolutely dire too.

Which bit do you not agree with?

Guédioura in from the cold for Boro who are losing 2-1 at Preston, down to 28% possession under Pulis.

It was a good game earlier, 42 attempts between the two teams. I also enjoyed the Palace vs City game even though it was 0-0.

Not much happening in the 3pms today mind!

That you don't think a winter break is needed. I think there should be a two week break, maybe before the FA Cup 3rd round.

it's difficult though because I really enjoy that there is usually football on boxing day and always have, but it gets worse every year it feels like.

With the size of squads these days I don’t see there being a need for a winter break. Use your squads to deal with the fixture list.

It was a good game earlier, 42 attempts between the two teams. I also enjoyed the Palace vs City game even though it was 0-0.

Not much happening in the 3pms today mind!

Missed today's early kick off only seen that horrific goal ha. Palace - City I thought both teams look lethargic. It can work both ways I guess in terms of numbers of goals but in terms of the standard I don't think there's much of an argument!

Across the divisions I've noticed a lot of 0-0s so far!

That you don't think a winter break is needed. I think there should be a two week break, maybe before the FA Cup 3rd round.

it's difficult though because I really enjoy that there is usually football on boxing day and always have, but it gets worse every year it feels like.

Why should there be a break? Surely if they just space the games out which is definitely possible then a break isn't needed. Have the break and then you have to fit more games in later in the season so they probably will have to play Sat, Tues, Sat, Tues anyway. The problem i think is that most teams played Saturday and then are playing Monday which doesn't give enough time to recover.

I'm still not sure some teams/players are as fit as they should be because football fitness hasn't been cracked by the majority of managers and staff. They don't understand how to fit training, recovery and matches into schedules to keep players fit. Its better than it was but nowhere near what it possibly should be.

Back