• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Apparently the new owner won't be official until October (not sure where i read that) and Peace won't sanction big transfer deals.

Well wherever I read/heard that was as much in the know as FL92 and AgentDave on Twitter

Well wherever I read/heard that was as much in the know as FL92 and AgentDave on Twitter

Presumably the new owner (who looks about 14) watched James McClean play today and decreed immediately that this cannot be allowed to persist.

To be honest Albion shouldn't need external funding for that kind of deal as it stands, they've been in the top flight since 2010 and I'd be surprised if they'd made a loss in any of those years, then we all know about this year's TV deal. That money remains the club's, not Peace's.

Just watched the first half of City v West Ham. While it's going to be a good battle between them, United and maybe Chelsea at the top if this is City with plenty more to come they are going to be frighteningly good soon enough. Fascinating watching the different positions different players take. So many of their players benefitting with a bit of structure and better coaching!

Just watched the first half of City v West Ham. While it's going to be a good battle between them, United and maybe Chelsea at the top if this is City with plenty more to come they are going to be frighteningly good soon enough. Fascinating watching the different positions different players take. So many of their players benefitting with a bit of structure and better coaching!

I'd hold back on the praise until you've watched the 2nd half, like watching a different side!

I'd hold back on the praise until you've watched the 2nd half, like watching a different side!

Haha, I still haven't but it sounds similar to what happened against Stoke?

It doesn't surprise me too much. As I said, plenty more to come! I'm so glad Guardiola has come to the Premier League.

Haha, I still haven't but it sounds similar to what happened against Stoke?

It doesn't surprise me too much. As I said, plenty more to come! I'm so glad Guardiola has come to the Premier League.

I didn't see the Stoke game so I don't know but it was a bit weird, think it was probably a culmination of different things.

West Ham had more about them in the 2nd half, Stones went off injured so they were disrupted and lost their best passer of the ball at the back, plus West Ham getting a goal back probably dented the confidence. I think it was probably all just a matter of confidence, they were so dominant first half that everyone would've been buzzing, the plan was going perfectly and everything was pretty easy for them but then you throw a spanners in the works and make it all a bit more challenging then suddenly they're not quite so at ease with the new system and saw things grind to a halt for them, people weren't so comfortable on the ball, the movement wasn't there anymore and they looked a lot more like the stale City team we saw under Pellegrini.

I'm sure as they spend more time getting used to the new system and get the whole squad up to speed they'll be better prepared to deal with in game changes but it looked to really unsettle them this afternoon.

Yeah, that is what happened a bit against Stoke, but then they recovered and killed the game off really. Like you said, they became unsettled and then suddenly everything they are learning and working on appears to go out the window. It's largely still the same team that have wilted many times under Pellegrini, he won't be happy with that side of their games so far.

Do wonder if they will sign another centre back. No idea where Kompany is with his fitness but Kolorov is not an ideal option to have to use nor is Otamendi particularly consistent. Good footballer but so rash.

I have a feeling he'll move Fernandinho back to centre half when Gündogan is fit.

Against Oman's B team but you can only play who's in front of you.

Niall Ennis selected at centre forward for England under 18 against Italy kick off 7 o clock this evening.

Just looking at the Vidiprinter thing on the Sky Score centre app. The majority of scorers last night' internationals are plying their trade over here

Lovely shot of Allardyce picking his nose there.

Talisca scores on his Besiktas debut,Headed goal from a free kick into the box.

So the papers say the offside is correct as the last touch came off sturridge. I wouldn't have thought that's right, as it was played back by the tackle, and didn't change direction if it touched him?

Doesn't matter it, it touched him, Walcott was offside when it did, flag goes up. Intent or change of direction doesn't come into it. It was an accident that they got it right, but they did.

So the papers say the offside is correct as the last touch came off sturridge. I wouldn't have thought that's right, as it was played back by the tackle, and didn't change direction if it touched him?

As long as the ball goes forward you can be offside and it did off Sturridge's boot. They did get it right but not for the right reason unless the Lino had x-Ray vision.

Back