• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benteke fitted Rodgers system more than Klopp's as I don't think he is quite mobile enough for the German. I think Klopp would love a Kane/ Martial instead of Sturridge.

I think he'll turn Origi into a very good player. He seems to favour him over Benteke already and he does look far more purposeful lately, he's got the right sort of physical attributes to do a bit of everything up top so if he's willing to embrace the Klopp way he could make himself a long term fixture.

I would hope this means sturridge will start at the weekend

Benteke isn't good enough off the ball for a Klopp side. He'll score plenty of goals in a team that hits him in the box but that won't be at Liverpool.

Starting Fellaini in midfield and Blind in defense says it all about LvG, really.

What on earth is Carrick doing?

As poor as Manchester United have been, they will not be too despondent if they can go back to Old Trafford only a goal down.

Wonder how many of these have been sold?
PAY-Liverpool-v-Manchester-United.jpg

Blind has been one of their best players this season playing centre half.

Disagree with that, personally. Smalling was in blinding (heh) form to start the season and once he tailed off they started leaking goals consistently.

Blind is a sound player but a CB he is not.

At any rate my point was more about Fellaini playing in a position that Blind would be miles better at. A three of Herrera - Blind - Schneid would have far more about it than the nonsense he keeps putting out there.

Disagree with that, personally. Smalling was in blinding (heh) form to start the season and once he tailed off they started leaking goals consistently.

Blind is a sound player but a CB he is not.

At any rate my point was more about Fellaini playing in a position that Blind would be miles better at. A three of Herrera - Blind - Schneid would have far more about it than the nonsense he keeps putting out there.

I wouldn't have Blind at centre half in a perfect world either but he's done very well there in most games, usually struggles a bit more against a big unit of a striker as he just hasn't got the size to deal with it but his reading of the game and ability on the ball back there have more than made up for those times in my opinion.

I think the Fellaini thing is completely unrelated to Blind, he's not got that midfield spot because he's considered better than Blind but because you'd be seriously weakening the backline if you moved Blind forwards, Rojo is an absolute joke.

If they had more options at the back then I'd be all for having Blind in the middle of the park.

Blind is miles better than Rojo and Jones is never fit so he has to play at centre half.

I wouldn't have Blind at centre half in a perfect world either but he's done very well there in most games, usually struggles a bit more against a big unit of a striker as he just hasn't got the size to deal with it but his reading of the game and ability on the ball back there have more than made up for those times in my opinion.

I think the Fellaini thing is completely unrelated to Blind, he's not got that midfield spot because he's considered better than Blind but because you'd be seriously weakening the backline if you moved Blind forwards, Rojo is an absolute joke.

If they had more options at the back then I'd be all for having Blind in the middle of the park.

I don't really disagree with anything you've said here, though I think having Blind shielding the back four would make any combo of Rojo/Jones/Smalling/whoever look better than they currently do.

I'd almost be tempted to go with something like Borthwick - Smalling - Fosu - Varela for the time being. Sure, there's no professional experience at all in that line, but it'd be good experience and it can't very well be worse than how they're playing now.

On top of being fucking shit, Michael Hector is acting like a right twat tonight as well. I'll never know why Chelsea ever bothered to sign him.

Ola John is still as dross as when he was at HSV.

Palace are unrecognisable from how they were in October/November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back