• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, no. Only from the quarter finals onwards (it's a silly rule really).

I don't think so, no. Only from the quarter finals onwards (it's a silly rule really).
BBC saying no restrictions so we could see 2 English teams playing each other in the next round.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...chester-united-play-in-the-europa-league.aspx

Man Utd say there is still a restriction.

UEFA rules dictate that the 12 Europa League group winners and the four best third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage - one of which is United - will be drawn against the 12 Europa League group runners-up and the remaining third-placed teams from the Champions League.

Clubs from the same country cannot face each other so the Reds will avoid playing Liverpool or Tottenham at this stage (the same rule will apply in the last 16 as well), while the Europa League group winners and the four best third-placed teams from the Champions League will play the return leg at home.

Looks like United were wrong. I blame LvG...and should never have doubted Kenneth.

And as it turns out:

Liverpool vs Man Utd
Dortmund vs Tottenham

Tottenham -Dortmund is a really good draw, look forward to watching those games now

Spurs is strong favourites for me

Aubameyang is good i will give you that, still think spurs will advance?

All games are close in this stage, i should have written, strong favourites for me

Spurs have had some bad luck with the draw, third in Serie A followed by second in the Bundesliga.

They have made hugh steps this season and beating third in serie a went good

Think if you picked from the two sides you'd end up with more Dortmund players tbh

I heard on the radio that this will be the first time that Liverpool and Manchester United have met in European competitions. Given the success both clubs have had over the years I find that a little surprising.

I heard on the radio that this will be the first time that Liverpool and Manchester United have mat in European competitions. Given the success both clubs have had over the years I find that a little surprising.

They were unable to meet each other in the correct European Cup format and since the swich to "Champions League" they have not met and only do so because failure in the "Champions League" is rewarded

One of the legs of the Manchester United v Liverpool fixture has a six o'clock kick off time. Why have we allowed for these kick off times in the UEFA Cup when no other fixtures in the English game in other competitions are at this time. I realise that its for the benefit of the TV companies but surely home fans travelling to games should be a consideration. You are hard pressed to get anywhere in rush hour periods without throwing another 80,000 in to the mix.

Don't think there's any choice in the matter. One leg gets an 18:00 kick off, the other gets a 20:05 kick off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back