• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Not so sure. Some projections do suggest a significant fall in the number of tory mps. However the majority of those most likely to retain their seats are far righters.
If correct, this is likely to result in the conservative party becoming even more right wing.
The centre right tories are the ones in the least safe seats.
Not in the main, they are the nutcases who won seats in the red wall who nobody expected to get elected like Gullis and Daly

Guess it depends on when they call the election for. That plus the boundary changes will also have an effect.
Many (not just here) assume 2 things;
Labour landslide
Right wing tories ousted

I don't see either of those as a given. Wrong thread for the 1st, but the 2nd have a much broader support than most assume.

Guess it depends on when they call the election for. That plus the boundary changes will also have an effect.
Many (not just here) assume 2 things;
Labour landslide
Right wing tories ousted

I don't see either of those as a given. Wrong thread for the 1st, but the 2nd have a much broader support than most assume.
Places like Stoke On Trent North and Bury weren't ever going to vote Tory again unless there's another culture war they can whip up. I don't disagree that the country is right wing, but those constituencies will comfortably go back to Labour unless Sunak can make it an election purely about immigration and Stamer is silly enough to fall into it. He's been trying to do that for the last 2 months and is failing miserably. It'll save some seats, but not ones like that.

So Truss has released her resignation honours list strangely on the same dayas the New Year honours list so it slips under the radar.

It’s a Cunt soup of a list of toadies and lackeys

Looks like Rishi has tried to get Cummings to run his election campaign

The stuff about nuclear weapons falling apart is slightly worrying.

Important to remember that Funsize owes his high-end political career to Cummings. He was a bit of a nobody until he became Chancellor out of nowhere, purely because he agreed (unlike Javid) to do whatever Cummings wanted. Without that he'd have drifted through mid-ranking Cabinet posts and no more.

GC21POBXUAAb3Vc

Has he not been in a supermarket for the last 15-20 years? Cadbury's have their shit in before Christmas has finished.
On his question - Well it depends, as Easter moves every year...some years it comes along too early & some years you have to wait until nearly May

Can pretty much bet his next Easter tweet will be "wHy dON't tHe EgGs hAvE EASteR wRITen oN TheM"

and there was me thinking MP's were there to represent the views of their constituents, rather than push their own agenda...

I’m not sure his agenda is to actually move religious holidays. It’s a throwaway line and makes him look a dick but I doubt there is a downside for his constituents

No his agenda (if that is the right word to use) is to try and get people annoyed about a Supermarket selling chocolate in January.

Going for the "Christmas decorations in August" vibe when in reality, its a few shelves that will eventually turn into an aisle full.

His bingo card for people to respond with will include:

"Woke supermarket"
"They don't even call them Easter Eggs now"
"I will boycott Tesco until they stop this madness"

Like a mini culture war attempt - Don't look at that shitty thing we created A SHOP IS SELLING STUFF EARLY THE BASTARDS

I’m not sure his agenda is to actually move religious holidays. It’s a throwaway line and makes him look a dick but I doubt there is a downside for his constituents
exactly how many constituents are heading to his office with this as an issue do you think?

also, Cleverley doubling down on the claim all the asylum backlog has been cleared. This in spite of every media outlet publishing that the claim does not bear scrutiny.

It seems that because 96k people have been processed that's the backlog cleared. Another 100k coming to replace them in the queue doesn't count. My kids used to have a similar approach to saying they'd loaded the dishwasher

Back