• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

No word of any sanctions, but Ofcom confirm that the Tory Propaganda piece/GBeebies interview with Jeremy Hunt was indeed against the rules.

Anyone with any info on the aggro Greatest Hits Radio have caused?

They playing songs that are not hits or have given a time slot to JRM to spin his wheels of propaganda?

1695045843156.png

Not a campaign I would back personally. I think all this face the family stuff is bullshit.

UK forecast to have the highest inflation of all G7 countries. Those targets are going well...

The stars aren't aligning for rishi. The economic situation isn't going to even be close to improving as we enter the period building up to a GE.
Add to this the covid enquiry will reopen some old wounds. How the tories try to unite given how fractious they are is going to be interesting. Will they double down on culture wars? Or something else?
You'd be expecting an ongoing push from strategists, starting with their conference. But what will they go for?

They haven't got a chance regardless. It's like speculating on how Newcastle could win the Champions League this season, it isn't going to happen, there is no realistic chain of events which leads to that result.

The stars aren't aligning for rishi. The economic situation isn't going to even be close to improving as we enter the period building up to a GE.
Add to this the covid enquiry will reopen some old wounds. How the tories try to unite given how fractious they are is going to be interesting. Will they double down on culture wars? Or something else?
You'd be expecting an ongoing push from strategists, starting with their conference. But what will they go for?
Inflation is coming down, therefore inferring prices are reducing seems to be all they have🥴

According to the Guardian, he’s going to drop some of his Government’s upcoming net zero measures. Whoever’s advising him seems to be doing a good job as he tends to pick the wrong side of every argument as far as I’m concerned. He may be bright, hard working and diligent behind the scenes but his political nouse is appalling.

I'm not sure he's trying to appeal to you though Sniffer, it's the lowest common denominator he wants to impress.

I'm not sure he's trying to appeal to you though Sniffer, it's the lowest common denominator he wants to impress.
I realise that but he tends to drift further towards his own dwindling support rather than try to appeal to the wider population. His personal ratings with Ipsos today are terrible and the only way those things improve is if Labour implode (they aren’t saying or doing anything controversial to make that a reality 🙁) or he starts looking elsewhere to pick up votes.

Ask yourself if you know any halfway reasonable person who has watched the last 13 and a half years and says 'I would let the Tories have another go for 5 years'.

I don't.

According to the Guardian, he’s going to drop some of his Government’s upcoming net zero measures. Whoever’s advising him seems to be doing a good job as he tends to pick the wrong side of every argument as far as I’m concerned. He may be bright, hard working and diligent behind the scenes but his political nouse is appalling.
Looks like he is going to drop all of them and claim they are nasty left wing wokeism

Back