• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

This thing does not help anybody and just looks bitter and jealous.

The donation was made because his wife went to the college and was in 2018. As far as I know they're allowed to do what they want with their own money.

There are plenty of things to knock the government on, this attack line is pathetic and devalues any political discourse. I wish the far left cranks would pack it in.

This thing does not help anybody and just looks bitter and jealous.

The donation was made because his wife went to the college and was in 2018. As far as I know they're allowed to do what they want with their own money.

There are plenty of things to knock the government on, this attack line is pathetic and devalues any political discourse. I wish the far left cranks would pack it in.
Does it? It very clearly highlights how the rich and privileged ensure that they keep that status to themselves.

It's not about telling anyone how to spend their money. It's about the difference in attitude, intentions, and actions.
So you're not happy with the way they spend their money as it doesn't fit your moral code?

Regardless of his right to spend his money where he pleases, from a political perspective, the optics of it are just awful. He shows a naivety with many of his choices such as flying about for short distances in a helicopter, having a legal battle with the covid inquiry and gifting large sums to a private school in the UK and an elite college in the US.

Regardless of his right to spend his money where he pleases, from a political perspective, the optics of it are just awful. He shows a naivety with many of his choices such as flying about for short distances in a helicopter, having a legal battle with the covid inquiry and gifting large sums to a private school in the UK and an elite college in the US.
The donation was in 2018.

Not sure any of us could have predicted what was happening 5 years ago.

Anyway I'm not here to defend him as the rest of your post I agree with.

Last edited:
It's the one tiny area where I have some small amount of sympathy with him (not much, and not on anything else as he's a complete prick with terrible political ideology). He didn't choose his upbringing and I wouldn't have thought he married his wife just for her family's money. He can't pretend to understand what it's like to have five tins in your shopping basket and only realising at the checkout that you can only afford four because he never has and never will live that kind of life.

He could be less tone deaf about it for sure.

He's a rung up from Johnson on that count in that Onslow has also never ever wanted for anything in his life but is a grasping, scrounging, venal cunt who'd rob Joe Bloggs of his last fiver.

Don't disagree with that but I don't think that's the case here is it, unless I've read it wrong?
More a point that taxes for then hyper-rich should be at a rate which captures this.

More a point that taxes for then hyper-rich should be at a rate which captures this.
I agree the rate should be much higher for the hyper rich. This is something the world hasn't really seen before and it's all a bit new and we need to work out how to deal with it.

His wife claiming non-dom status and him having a Green Card when he was a Cabinet Minister is 100% not on. That's just the already mega-rich cheating. Pay your taxes you cunts.

More annoying that Amazon haven't paid any UK corporation tax for two years though.

HotAlarmingDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

How did councils get into the world of property speculation in the first place. That isn't your job!

And on what planet do you live if you think you're turning fucking Woking into a global commercial and business hub. It's like Yeovil putting in a bid for Karim Benzema.

Think it is a strategy that started because since 2010, central government has taken the most phenomenal scythe to local government funding. Austerity has totally slaughtered the funding given to councils (and the cuts have been arguably political, with tougher cuts being applied in labour controlled areas.
Pretty sure a number of other LA's are in a pretty bad shape owing to similar initiatives.

How did councils get into the world of property speculation in the first place. That isn't your job!

And on what planet do you live if you think you're turning fucking Woking into a global commercial and business hub. It's like Yeovil putting in a bid for Karim Benzema.
My office was in Woking while all the building work was going on. The absolute fucking hubris of the council at the time was astonishing. They have achieved their actual stated aim of making it a landmark visible from all the high points in the area, and what a fucking eyesore it is. And it's as much of a ghost town as ever because not even the people who live in Woking want to spend any time there. The bankruptcy comes as a surprise to absolutely no-one round here.

Back