• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

Back on the transfer front Twitter is linking us with Diego Llorente

We were supposed to be after Llorente last summer but mysteriously pulled out. Wonder if we thought Dias was coming?

We probably secured Vallejo on loan instead and so didn't think we needed him

Karlan Grant isn't really an improvement on the options we have imo. We need better.

["I]That Doherty chance for instance, mirror that situation so the ball comes across from the right instead of the left and it's Jonny coming in on his stronger foot rather than Doherty on his weaker foot, most would back Jonny to have a more ambitious effort rather than the safe attempt Doherty mustered."[/I]

and i am 22 again, and instead of going to the Belfry and shagging that fit bit till six in the morning, i went home early ready for the cup game, and the ball came in from the right, instead of the left, and i skied it over the bar........... thank fuck i scored the other three and we won five nil.

You scored with three birds? #legend

I see Cedric Soares has said he's leaving Southampton on a free next summer.

Worth having as a squad player, or not needed because of Jonny who can switch?

If we're not in any European competition next season then he's probably not needed. Maybe if we win the Europa and get in the Champions League!!

He's gone downhill rapidly, not for me

Aye, three years ago for sure. But he's been very poor for a while now.

I personally don't think he was ever that good really. Wouldn't want him taking game time away from Vinagre.

I reckon we see Jack Scott accelerated to the edges of the first team within the next 12 months. Getting great reviews.

To clarify I look at our first 11 and ask if they would walk in or be an auto pick in another top 10 premier side.

Rui yes Ruddy no

Boly yes Bennett Coady Saiss no

Doc yes Jonny maybe Vinagre no

Neves Moutinho yes, Donk MGW Jordao no

Traore Raul Jota yes Neto Cutrone no

So to me there are a number of positions that, in the long term, we are looking to improve on. Those should be started on in January.

Bit harsh on Jonny and Donk? Think Dendonker is fantastic for us and would get into a few of the top 10 teams.

Bit harsh on Jonny and Donk? Think Dendonker is fantastic for us and would get into a few of the top 10 teams.

We have not seen the best of Donk so far this tear however his centre back cover is more than useful.

Back