• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Home v Manchester City - Friday 27 December 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is I can see why that might be given. But it's not 'enough' of a penalty to overturn the on-field decision. The threshold of error has been set extremely high with decisions all season long. That threshold wasn't adhered to tonight. It's scandalous in reality.

Regardless of whether any of the decisions where ultimately correct or not, do people want to see the game reduced to this? If it had all happened in our favour I'd still think it was ruining the game (although I'd be a lot calmer!)

Whatever the score at the moment - we have Man City on the back foot & who are now wasting time

We have come a long way in 2 and a bit years.

Given the circumstances I really want to win this, but we have still come so far as a club & I am proud of all of them.

Just said that as well. It's amazing when looking back but following the game is so frustrating...

Other than the Jota incident, did we create much in the first half? Plenty of the ball in the last 10 mins or so but we need to get behind the defense to really trouble them. Hopefully we can come out second half with some fresh ideas otherwise it will be city that get the next goal.

What are you talking about? That ones about the clearest red card you’ll ever see.

Have I said it wasn't a red? A foul and simulation don't have to be mutually exclusive, Jota's reaction to the contact from Ederson is disproportionate just as Mahrez's reaction to the contact from Dendoncker but those reactions have no impact on whether or not it was a foul to begin with, both victims could've reacted in a much more subdued manner than they did but chose the path they did because that's more likely to get the reaction they want.

Has anyone said fuck off VAR yet?
Fuck off VAR.

The problem with the current VAR interpretation is that it encourages cheating. If you feel the sdlightest touch down you go. VAR looks at it and using their slide rule shows a hairline touch and no touch on the ball and its a penalty. If I was Nuno I would be pointing out that to our attackers as the standard for this game has been set by Coote so we have to use it to our advantage.

And that is so sad because I am condoning cheating or making the most of a challenge. Not a simulation but not far off ffs.

It’s not a penalty, if it is then basically all you need to do is brush past someone and fall over and you can get a pen because there was contact. A tiny stand on the foot didn’t affect him or make him do a swan dive.

Other than the Jota incident, did we create much in the first half? Plenty of the ball in the last 10 mins or so but we need to get behind the defense to really trouble them. Hopefully we can come out second half with some fresh ideas otherwise it will be city that get the next goal.

It's a penalty on the face of it...but watch the penalty incident again, and the stride of the Marhez. He knows where Dendoncker is going, he knows he isn't doing much, and takes a wide stride so his foot goes into Dendoncker's path. That for me makes it quite dubious, and why an incident like that probably needs to be referred on the pitch, not VAR. If the ref doesn't see it as a penalty and has a full view at the time, then the ref has the better judgement on it than someone on reviewing via VAR. I say that as a fan of VAR.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mark, you’re clearly just trolling, so I’m going to move on.

So the penalty was retaken because Coady was on the edge of the area but inside the D when the ball was kicked?

The more I watch the penalty decision the more I think it’s a really really harsh penalty. But then If it was Walker on Jota we probably want a foul

So the penalty was retaken because Coady was on the edge of the area but inside the D when the ball was kicked?

Yes

Can someone call one of our players a c*nt please. Far too much general discussion about the game in here

Have I said it wasn't a red? A foul and simulation don't have to be mutually exclusive, Jota's reaction to the contact from Ederson is disproportionate just as Mahrez's reaction to the contact from Dendoncker but those reactions have no impact on whether or not it was a foul to begin with, both victims could've reacted in a much more subdued manner than they did but chose the path they did because that's more likely to get the reaction they want.

Mark Jota never saw ederson at all.

Not trolling at all, people leap on opponents for anything and everything but conveniently ignore similar indiscretions from their own players, if you don't want to face up to it then we'll leave it there.

Anyway, second half, bring on Vinagre from the start of the half I reckon. Probs take Doc off and move Jonny over who has been decent.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Wow what on earth of is that sub from Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back