• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Well the reaction to the picture has restored my faith in Wolves fans

Happy That Collar is Shit Day everybody

Looks alright, it's a football shirt - they're all bit shit really.

Meh....what the hell are those little flap things on the arms?...look fucking saft.
That yellow line under the money shot.....😬

Looks terrible. I have no idea why the utter fuckwits in Wolves marketing don't just reject Puma's (or their licensing agents) design and tell them they're in breach of contract for not providing quality befitting an acceptable product (I believe that's the wording).

It's just so lazy.

It's ok I suppose. Not great but not awful either. I just wish we had something a bit more original rather than the same bog standard Puma template that several other clubs have.

I quite like the new shirt*, having said that I won't buy it due to the sponsor, And the yellow line under the sponsors name is a bit rubbish.

It's ok I suppose. Not great but not awful either. I just wish we had something a bit more original rather than the same bog standard Puma template that several other clubs have.

Not sure Wolves will ever be a big enough draw to get bespoke design out of a company the size of Puma.

Not sure Wolves will ever be a big enough draw to get bespoke design out of a company the size of Puma.

I understand that. I've just been disappointed with all the recent Puma kits we've had, nothing original there at all. I'd rather our shirts were made by a lesser known company that might put a bit of effort in.

Of course, it doesn't help that we have to have 2 new kits every fucking season. That's one of the things I hate about modern football.

Where have you been the last year?

If we pay them enough money they'll make us a shirt made of actual gold. It doesn't matter how big the club is. This is the last year of the Puma contract IIRC, get promoted and they'll throw money at the next one without FFP holding them back.

I understand that. I've just been disappointed with all the recent Puma kits we've had, nothing original there at all. I'd rather our shirts were made by a lesser known company that might put a bit of effort in.

Of course, it doesn't help that we have to have 2 new kits every fucking season. That's one of the things I hate about modern football.

It can be a tough thing to achieve though, we had a few years of individualism with Burrda but the quality was gash, I suppose most clubs would rather have these generic designs from a bigger company because at least they can expect consistent quality even if creativity is marginalised somewhat.

Where have you been the last year?

If we pay them enough money they'll make us a shirt made of actual gold. It doesn't matter how big the club is. This is the last year of the Puma contract IIRC, get promoted and they'll throw money at the next one without FFP holding them back.

Deal's don't usually work that way round though do they? This isn't Sunday league where Wolves are going off to buy a kit, big clubs have the manufacturers giving them money as an advertising deal to get their brand in with a big club.

Perhaps Fosun will throw some money at it but I doubt they really give that much of a toss if the players are wearing a generic Puma shirt or a bespoke Nike one, surely the money would be better spent elsewhere.

Wolverhampton-Wanderers-Home-1992-93.jpg

It's a classic shirt :icon_lol:

In fairness if we had a bog standard adidas template I probably wouldn't be complaining!

Same here (apart from the sponsor, of course!).

This is one of my all time favourite shirts. Real Madrid away from 1999 ish - The McManaman era. Imagine that as an away shirt....

extra_football_shirt_6621_1.jpg

I understand people's objections towards the sponsor (not a fan of Money Shop either), but otherwise there's nothing wrong with that shirt.

But like Kenny, I do enjoy new kit meltdown day!

I still have my green Burrda away shirt and its not fallen to pieces, the sponsor and everything still in excellent condition. It's also probably my favourite shirt that we've had in a long time. As for the new kit it looks ok if that is indeed it, not that i'd but it with that hideous logo on the front. It matters not anyway as at 36 my football shirt wearing days are pretty much over.

Personally I found the Burrda shirts to be atrocious quality. I've not had a problem with any of the Puma kits I've bought - though I didn't like the design of either of last season's.

The kit we had when we were relegated from the Championship is the worst we've had quality-wise. It was an awful fit and felt tacky.

The kit we had when we were relegated from the Championship is the worst we've had quality-wise. It was an awful fit and felt tacky.
You're not getting it mixed up with your gimp outfit, are you?

Back