• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (A) 24/2: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I’m gonna be controversial

I hope we don’t lose this one

Either involved against Fulham or suffered a setback hence missing Bournemouth

Bouba is back in training, would think this would be a bit early for him though.

Neto pictured in training too, so he's not injured. We just made the weird call to leave him off the bench against Bournemouth and include Joe Hodge, who you would never ever want to bring on.

Neto pictured in training too, so he's not injured. We just made the weird call to leave him off the bench against Bournemouth and include Joe Hodge, who you would never ever want to bring on.
Odd wasn’t it? We’re winning comfortably and have the chance to give someone minutes to build fitness: Hodge or Neto? We need a goal in 15 minutes out of nowhere as we’re losing and run out of ideas: Hodge or Neto?

Maybe they didn’t quite trust Neto’s fitness in a ‘proper’ game yet. Would have been useful to have though!

Pretty sure he could have managed 10 minutes!

Joe Hodge is shit, he wouldn't have been 4th choice for us in League One.

Still kicks like a 12 year old now.

He's the 2020s Anthony Forde if I'm being generous.

Was the u21 game neto played in on the Thursday? If so, possible the medics wanted to assess his reaction/recovery?

I don't agree with him not being on the bench but was it due to the balance of the matchday squad as Lemina was suspended?

I don't agree with him not being on the bench but was it due to the balance of the matchday squad as Lemina was suspended?
If a CM got injured or tired, Gomes was there.

If two got injured, I still doubt we'd have brought Hodge on. We'd have changed shape. He's a million miles away from being a proper option at this level. I'd genuinely take current day Jack Price over him every single time. Just a waste of spot. It's not his fault, he should never have been elevated to where he is and should be one of those vaguely promising U21s who might come good one day (before joining Tamworth via Port Vale).

If a CM got injured or tired, Gomes was there.

If two got injured, I still doubt we'd have brought Hodge on. We'd have changed shape. He's a million miles away from being a proper option at this level. I'd genuinely take current day Jack Price over him every single time. Just a waste of spot. It's not his fault, he should never have been elevated to where he is and should be one of those vaguely promising U21s who might come good one day (before joining Tamworth via Port Vale).
I agree a change of shape would have been better than bringing Hodge on. I'm playing devils advocate here but is/was Gomes match fit for 90 minutes in case of something happening in the first few minutes?

It's possible Neto had a small niggle and they didn't want to risk his recovery by aggravating it.

Maybe he did it sprinting across the pitch?!!

Something to get us through work today!

Surely we're going to get a reaction tonight after last Saturday .

There was always going to be a setback somewhere along the road to safety - it was just that no one thought it would be against Bournemouth .

Fulham are having a fine season , but they are beatable .

We simply cannot be passive in our approach , make them think , make them doubt .

A defeat tonight and doubts creep in again big time .

A defeat tonight isn't impossible. They're pushing for a European place, & silva has them in decent form.

Far more telling will be the performance, attitude, and response to last weekend.

What we know, with lopetegui, is there will be one. He will have a plan. We all hope it is an effective one.

A loss wouldn't be terminal, but for me, it is so much less likely now, and we can go into games knowing we will compete, and have a good chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back