• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

It really wasn't.

He'd win the ball and give it to Jones, Kightly or Jarvis, he'd keep the ball, his decision making was excellent, very, very rare he'd give the ball away, which was exactly what you need for a player in that role.
The ball invariably went backwards so hardly surprising he didn’t give it away a lot.

One of the wolves podcasts talked about how Henry went from Micks right-hand man on the pitch to being chief instigator (probably about the time he thought he was Mr Hard).

I loved those Mick teams, so much greater than the sum of their parts and you could tell they were a team in every sense of the word.

He wasn’t the only one, but he handled the relegations so poorly that I don’t think he deserves defending. He’ll have enough credit in the bank for some and not for others (like me, though admittedly I wasn’t around for his peak).

It really wasn't.

He'd win the ball and give it to Jones, Kightly or Jarvis, he'd keep the ball, his decision making was excellent, very, very rare he'd give the ball away, which was exactly what you need for a player in that role.
Often too slow for me, he'd make the right decision eventually but by the time he did the receiver was already being closed down, his passing stats were probably really solid but I bet the bloke he passed it to lost it more often than not.

Andi Weimann scores on his Blackburn debut

Noha Lemina gone to Annecy (Ligue 2) on a permanent deal

Liam McAlinden to Rushall Olympic (they love an ex-Wolves player these days)

Serial waster Cameron Borthwick-Jackson back to being a free agent after his Polish team released him a year early

Nunes loses possession after being flash, United break away and score to probably win at Wembley.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Nigh on perfect pen from him tbf.

My favourite of the bunch closely followed by the one Jonny Evans missed
Looked a proper moment for him tbh. Never seen him that locked in, so to speak.

Fletcher and Vokes on the scoresheet in the Wrexham v Wycombe game.

Back