• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

Yup God knows why he was complaining about it, was as cynical a foul as it gets. Performance still as turgid as it gets though. Desperately crying out for some width and a bit of pace.
For the second fucking game in a row! Way too crowded.
Abysmal stuff. Rooney, Hodgson and Henderson were woeful tonight. There is little progress from this set up which is disappointing as we clearly have the players to. I think this tournament should be Hodgson's last whatever the result.
Rooney & Henderson were absolutely dire tonight. Welbeck did little of note too. We're struggling up front at the moment. I did think Delph did pretty well tonight.
Played 3, won 3, goals conceded 0. England may not be playing particularly well, but they are doing what is required.
That's nonsense though Frank. Clive was going on about this during the game. So we've not conceded since the World Cup? Big Deal! Look at who we've played since then.

There is a distinct lack of progress.

2-0 FT..not that impressed, a day at the training ground..should have scored at least 5 against this dross..we depend a lot of zlatan, he is badly missed

2-0 FT..not that impressed, a day at the training ground..should have scored at least 5 against this dross..we depend a lot of zlatan, he is badly missed

Elmander awful,I like these 'new guys' Zengin and Durmaz and Hrgota.

yep, they are all good attacking players..and yeah elmander can only run nowadays...

My word. :icon_lol:

GrouchyBelovedDragon.gif

Talk about a Swedish slice.

Hodgson says Sterling asked to be left out due to fatigue. 19 years old and too tired to run around a football pitch for 90 minutes. There was a time when players would run through a brick wall to play for their country.

I think Roy was spot on with his comments regarding honesty from the players.

Teenage boys are not fully developed men. When your club side is wholly dependent on you at that age it's going to take its toll.

Hodgson says Sterling asked to be left out due to fatigue. 19 years old and too tired to run around a football pitch for 90 minutes. There was a time when players would run through a brick wall to play for their country.

Congratulation, you have officially turned into 'White van man'. You can now proudly:

Vote for UKIP, leave a copy of The Sun on your dashboard, order a 'white wine for the lady', tell everybody your opinion counts, reminisce about the 'good ol' days, treat everybody to your sporting insight with glee and give everybody a piece of your mind. Enjoy.

I think Roy was spot on with his comments regarding honesty from the players.

Teenage boys are not fully developed men. When your club side is wholly dependent on you at that age it's going to take its toll.

I agree, but had Liverpool been playing yesterday, would Sterling have asked Brendan Rodgers to not select him?

Brendan has already rested Sterling this season. He's only 19 ffs!

Henderson really puzzles me for England. He's ben fantastic this season for Liverpool - a proper all action midfielder. His performances earned him vice captaincy, and he's transformed his reputation amongst the fans. Put an England shirt on him and he regresses to the anonymous bilge he was churning out two years ago. Very odd.

Perhaps it's a confidence thing?

Took him a long time to get to that point at Liverpool, could be down to him feeling comfortable and confident amongst that group of players, the same could possibly happen with England 6-12 months down the line when he's a more established member of the squad, though it's probably more difficult with internationals as the squad is likely to change for pretty much every game.

Henderson really puzzles me for England. He's ben fantastic this season for Liverpool - a proper all action midfielder. His performances earned him vice captaincy, and he's transformed his reputation amongst the fans. Put an England shirt on him and he regresses to the anonymous bilge he was churning out two years ago. Very odd.

Average manager not knowing how to get the best out of him. He plays a far more central role for L'pool rather than being asked to play effectively inside right and I'm not sure he works in Hodgson's system I thought Delph was also shunted to inside left and looked far better when he came inside.

Difficult for Henderson because he just doesn't read the game well enough, the more time he gets on the ball the more he gets dumbstruck.

Phil McNulty says::

Raheem Sterling's absence after England manager Roy Hodgson revealed Liverpool's teenager had told him he was feeling tired generated a lot of heat in freezing Tallinn on Sunday.
"How can a 19-year-old be tired in the early weeks of October? How can he be jaded after only playing 45 minutes of the 5-0 win against San Marino? Is this the spectre of club v country rearing its head again?"

Liverpool have been running him into the ground because Brentdan has spent £120m or so to go a long way backwards. 120 minutes vs Middlesbrough in the League Cup for instance.

Michael Owen is testament to what happens when you overplay youngsters of that build and profile.

Phil McNulty says::

Raheem Sterling's absence after England manager Roy Hodgson revealed Liverpool's teenager had told him he was feeling tired generated a lot of heat in freezing Tallinn on Sunday.
"How can a 19-year-old be tired in the early weeks of October? How can he be jaded after only playing 45 minutes of the 5-0 win against San Marino? Is this the spectre of club v country rearing its head again?"

What's your point?

Back