• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burton (A) 30/9 Build-Up Thread

Burrows says we're level top and equal on points with Cardiff.
Really??
I've got us 2nd 1 point below....

No Cardiff are top on 24 we're on 23 as it stands.

This will sound strange but it's a pretty poor game of football with a few odd moments of magic. The Vinagre goal a wonderful run and 1-2 with Cav wait till you see that. Burton are very poor and just have nothing to deal with our front guys.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

How many are we capable of scoring today!!

Can only beat what is in front of you - doesn't matter what other sides do today

You can see why Burton concede so many goals. Very poor defending trying to hold a line. We look like scoring every time we get near the box.

No poor performances so far. Everyone looking decent.

Lovely 3rd goal. Though Vinagre had got it caught under his feet as he was through buy he dug it out nicely.

Hopefully the results stay as they are with Ipswich, Preston, Boro, Blades losing. Villa game is HUGE!

The Vinagre goal is one of my favourites so far this season. Picking the ball up on the touchline, miles from goal, he glides in, plays a lovely little one-two with Cavaleiro that puts him through, takes a touch to steady himself and slots a lovely, crisp finish inside the near post.

To think this lad's our back-up left wing back :icon_lol:

Only time other sides come into the equation is the last game when you need them to draw/lose or concede - today it's not relevant

Just need to go & fill our boots - they have had opportunities, but we have threats all over the front 5 (+ others) so no way can they mark our main scorer out of the game as we don't have one.

Anyone can score from wherever

Looking forward to seeing all three goals so far.

GD getting a major boost second half hopefully.

Only time other sides come into the equation is the last game when you need them to draw/lose or concede - today it's not relevant

Just need to go & fill our boots - they have had opportunities, but we have threats all over the front 5 (+ others) so no way can they mark our main scorer out of the game

Well it is relevant. Less points they get now, less likely we will need a result to go our way later.

Anyone can score from wherever

Perfect little statement Peter. + 'Anytime'!
How long is it, I mean how many seasons is it since you've been able to read this true little sentence.
Make me feel great!

Last edited:
3rd goal, Vinaigre seemed to stop thinking the ref had blown up but then went on and knocked it in the net

Well it is relevant. Less points they get now, less likely we will need a result to go our way later.

Yes, but can do nothing about that for now - just need to win our games well (though would be more than happy to see other sides at the top losing today)

Perfect little statement Peter. + 'Anytime'!
How long is it, I mean how many seasons is it since you've been able to read this true little sentence.
Make me feel great!

Just need a Doherty 35 yard thunderbolt now - he's done it before (albeit only once I think)

Back