• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

BHA 0 - Wolves 1 The highway robbery verdict thread

Which bit don't you agree with??
Sorry, the not being able to string 4 passes together.
Generally we don't I agree, but I was trying to say that we have the potential to do it, we just haven't for a while.
We averaged more or less two goals a game in the second half of last season so I would have to disagree there.
Yeah, I started thinking that as I was typing. However, my belief is that was down to The Jan-May scramble carried out by Sako/Afobe/Dicko that was more stumbled upon by KJ than by design. Since August it's a different story.
You can't be referring to the 0-0 where Coady got sent off and Martinez spend the rest of the game wasting every second he possibly could?

We were wasting time. Fair play to us and fair play to Ikeme for feigning injury. He saved us 2 points today, easily my MOTM (just like Emi was me MOTM in the home game).
No, the 1-1 with Bent scoring. I meant last season, apols.

diabolical and appalling is overkill for Doherty today, felt his positioning was poor (as it always will be) but of the back four I felt it was Batth who was the poorest, he was anonymous for most of the game. Probably why sky gave Eel MOTM, as he was doing the job of two men!

As with this style of play, Doherty is not a long term solution for the left back position.

Three games, 9 points. Football reduced to just gaining points and necessary.

The football is the worst I have seen and I include Saunders shite in that. If we are going to play on the counter then do that, not just aimless, paceless, soul destroying garbage. Defending a one goal lead like we were Yeovil playing Arsenal is fucking embarrassing.

We got very lucky today with an OG as neither team looked like scoring but for that.

Said it on the match thread, I have never seen us set up so deliberately negatively at this level, or wilfully chuck away possession so much. He won't get away with playing this way at home against Fulham and Cardiff. You get some slack in an away game against an ostensibly good team (Brighton are not good though and certainly not good going forward).

In January we have home games against Fulham, Cardiff and Bolton, with an away game at QPR who like Brighton aren't getting results lately.

Got to be looking at a minimum of 7 points from those 4 games.

I'd be interested to know if we continued to play like this for the next ten games how many would be happy paying to watch it, even if we won 7 of them and ended up on the fringes of the play-offs.

I'd be interested to know if we continued to play like this for the next ten games how many would be happy paying to watch it, even if we won 7 of them and ended up on the fringes of the play-offs.

It's a no from me.

Sorry, the not being able to string 4 passes together.
Generally we don't I agree, but I was trying to say that we have the potential to do it, we just haven't for a while.

Yeah, I started thinking that as I was typing. However, my belief is that was down to The Jan-May scramble carried out by Sako/Afobe/Dicko that was more stumbled upon by KJ than by design. Since August it's a different story.

No, the 1-1 with Bent scoring. I meant last season, apols.

On i know we can do it and there were little bits today, it was more of a generalisation that we are struggling to do it and the amount of times we go back to Batth or Ikeme to hoof it is poor. I feel we have the players to do it as well but for some reason can't right now under Jackett.

Given the state of our back four I find it all a necessity and wont instantly dismiss the roles Edwards and Coady are playing. What I really dislike is the fact that one of the best strikers in the league is so isolated and when Mac drives out there is nobody to pass the ball to. Surely if we can defend like that we must at least try to get three or four players that'll attack with some cohesion and fluidity. There is no excuse for the feeble way we attack. At least they can attempt to play the ball out on the floor.

The positives are the result, charachter and determination today.
As for style and creativity it was pretty appalling.
As most have said it was effective football.
Didn't think Brighton were any great shakes and they still haven't impressed me at all this season.
We reduced them to long range punts and deep deliveries into the box apart from right at the end.
I think if we'd have been a bit more positive we'd have caused there back four far more problems.
The quality in the game was of a very poor standard and I think you'll see Brighton continue to slide for a bit longer.

On the other hand, if we had been playing exciting, attacking football, lost all three games and found ourselves in or just above the relegation zone, would the Kenny Jackett must go polls still exist.

I wouldn't want to watch it personally but i've already paid to see the home games so i will be there.

I'll be there for all of them regardless. However if we keep playing that way then I'll keep complaining about it and contesting facile 'but we won' arguments.

On the other hand, if we had been playing exciting, attacking football, lost all three games and found ourselves in or just above the relegation zone, would the Kenny Jackett must go polls still exist.

I can see why KJ has done it, it's a sign of desperation if you ask me though. I just don't think it should have come to this.

I wouldn't be happy, but I would.

The faint glimmer of hope for me is that these 9 points keep us in touch, we can now add some genuine quality in January and go and attack teams rather than settle for this rubbish.

If we continue as it is then no. We're genuinely playing the exact same way McLeish's Blues side played in the Premier League. Flat back four comprised of 6"+ cloggers, 3 defensive midfielders sat 5-10 yards in front with James Henry acting as an even slower, shitter Seb Larsson (without the delivery) and Afobe as an even sulkier version of Cameron Jerome.

In a strange way if they can do what they are doing now and somehow get a bit a few braincells working further up the field I'd take it every day. We could actually power ourselves out of this league with percentage football and Siggy will give him food for thought. Stranger things have happened.

On i know we can do it and there were little bits today, it was more of a generalisation that we are struggling to do it and the amount of times we go back to Batth or Ikeme to hoof it is poor. I feel we have the players to do it as well but for some reason can't right now under Jackett.

Exactly.
We need to re-harness those passages of play. It suits the majority of the players we have. I hope that if we develop a bit of confidence, the players will believe in themselves a bit more, and it'll start happening.

What risks preventing that is KJ's instructions to the players.

What's the chance we DON'T set up like that v West Ham in the cup

Back