• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Adnams Ghost Ship is a fine bottled ale.

Not had that yet. What's it like?

A light and refreshing pale ale. Sampled one after a Bishops Finger and Spitfire Ale and it knocked spots off both of them. I do like Golden Ales (St Peters, Shropshire, Purity) so I would put it more in that category although I'm no real expert as I tend to hurl em down me neck rather than make notes at the time.

They sometimes have Adnams in the offy near my house so I'll keep my eyes peeled for that. Cheers.

It's my Dads 50th coming up and I was thinking about getting him a few "proper" Black country beers for him as he's always going on about how much he misses them now we've moved to Scotland. As a student brought up on the delights of Tennents and Buckfast I'm not clear on what the best beers are and where to get them (He always drinks Bathams when we're down for a game but I've had trouble finding anywhere to buy it). If somebody could educate me on the best Beers to buy and point me in the direction of anywhere that ships them as far as Scotland that would be brilliant!

It's my Dads 50th coming up and I was thinking about getting him a few "proper" Black country beers for him as he's always going on about how much he misses them now we've moved to Scotland. As a student brought up on the delights of Tennents and Buckfast I'm not clear on what the best beers are and where to get them (He always drinks Bathams when we're down for a game but I've had trouble finding anywhere to buy it). If somebody could educate me on the best Beers to buy and point me in the direction of anywhere that ships them as far as Scotland that would be brilliant!

Whatever beer that is in a bottle will be very different to what is served in a pub from a beer engine (cask conditioned). Your idea of 'exporting' Black Country beers might be a little restricted as a result.

Sorry to give you the bad news.

My youngest Son has recently relocated to Southampton with his job, he lives just round the corner about a three minute walk from this place, they actually have a real ale menu.

http://www.masterbuildersouthampton.co.uk/home.php

They have got a Beer festival on August 3rd, my birthday is August 3rd, guess where i'll be?

Have they stopped selling Enville Gothic and replaced it with Enville Gothic Ginger? Every time I'm back in the Strourbride/Wordsley area over Christmas they never seem to have any.

Not that I'm complaining :p

Latest visit from the booze store.

beer3.jpg

Very nice t3ch. See that bottle of Magners? Wait til its scorching hot outside, fill a glass with ice and pour over..... lovely.

Eurrrgghhhh, cider and ice. The very best marketing ploy.

The Oirish love their ice. In one bar in Dublin, they put ice in my beer. Oddballs

Oiii where the bombadier? Nothing beats a Pint of Bombadier.

The Oirish love their ice. In one bar in Dublin, they put ice in my beer. Oddballs

Fuckin hell seriously? I've seen women ask for Coors Lite with ice, but you're hardly feminine and I cant see you ordering a Coors Lite anyway.... thats mental. Ive been drinking in Dublin pubs for 11 years now and I've never seen that.

Nando, cider over ice on a Summers day is a tradition over here I guess...... you know Summer has arrived when you're in a beer garden sipping a pint bottle of Bulmers(Magners) with ice.

All this talk of Bulmers with ice is making me thirsty now.......

I live in Somerset, I'm a cider snob!

Eurrrgghhhh, cider and ice. The very best marketing ploy.

Up there with sticking a wedge of lime in your bottle of chemical piss water, sorry Corona.

I've actually seen someone order a Magners and Ice for the barman to apologise that there is no ice at the moment. The guy then has to think about it and change his order to a pint of Stella!! You either want cider or not you gimmicky bastard!

Back