• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
Just seen the latest Conservative party political broadcast (post the news) where Tory MP Laura Trott who is Chief Secretary to the Treasury slags off labours tax policy.

Only you wouldn't know she's a Tory MP because it never once mentions her name on screen or the fact she's an MP. It does however repeatedly flash "Chief Secretary to the Treasury" on the screen every ten or so seconds like it's an independent position and not one appointed by the government and held by one of their MP's.

Pathetic!

Just seen the latest Conservative party political broadcast (post the news) where Tory MP Laura Trott who is Chief Secretary to the Treasury slags off labours tax policy.

Only you wouldn't know she's a Tory MP because it never once mentions her name on screen or the fact she's an MP. It does however repeatedly flash "Chief Secretary to the Treasury" on the screen every ten or so seconds like it's an independent position and not one appointed by the government and held by one of their MP's.

Pathetic!

Not even a broadcast. Just recorded off some shit fringe party conference event.

Bloody dreadful.

Pathetic!
I just saw it too. Leadership, what leadership? The key, only, takeaway: they've completely given up.

Doubled down on it now….

“This is politics, isn’t it? Do you want someone who has consistently been supportive of Kashmiris where there have been human rights abuses or do you want someone called Sonia Kumar who no one has ever heard of?”

Hansard has him bringing up Kashmir in the House of Commons on………………

0 occasions.

Beaten to it by @Del Woppio

WTF. Replacing Bridgen with Reform can’t happen with the right wing vote split 3 ways can it?

Reform UK, meanwhile, is estimated to hang on to Lee Anderson’s Ashfield seat and to take Clacton, where Farage could overturn a massive Conservative majority. North West Leicestershire is also leaning towards Reform, though with a small lead.

Just looked on Betfair and you can get 20s on it happening.

Reform supporters are a genuine cult, it's fucking mental. They idolise Farage like a fucking God. I spend more time than I'd care to admit trolling them on Facebook, and it's genuinely startling how fucked up they are. He could announce anything as a policy and they'd be all over like Rooney on a granny. Like, anything.

Everything is woke. Every TV channel apart from GB News, every celebrity, education, every MP with the possible exception of JRM, Braverman and Badenoch. And fucking hell they are so outrageously stupid. Not just in a "they disagree with me so must be stupid" way, but just properly thick. They can't spell, they'd believe grass was purple if one of ten people in the world said it was so, and they disbelieve every word that comes out of the mouths of the remaining 8bn people. Many of them genuinely believe Farage will be PM, and if he's not then it's an establishment stitch up.

Like I thought I was in a bit of a lefty echo chamber but these fuckers are something else. Illiterate clones, terrible at cropping pictures and every single one of them would eat Farage's shit straight from the tap. Fucked up man.

Guess he’s going to ask Tesco to not sell eggs or milk…

The constituency is too big for it to make a difference, but I drove through Allenton and Alvaston today which have 6 Reform Councillors between them. More posters and posts in the garden than I've seen anywhere else. It's fair to say when you are in you are in.

The turn out for him tonight in Clayton, pretty much as you’d expect his fans to look likeIMG_1973.jpeg

Reform supporters are a genuine cult, it's fucking mental. They idolise Farage like a fucking God. I spend more time than I'd care to admit trolling them on Facebook, and it's genuinely startling how fucked up they are. He could announce anything as a policy and they'd be all over like Rooney on a granny. Like, anything.

Everything is woke. Every TV channel apart from GB News, every celebrity, education, every MP with the possible exception of JRM, Braverman and Badenoch. And fucking hell they are so outrageously stupid. Not just in a "they disagree with me so must be stupid" way, but just properly thick. They can't spell, they'd believe grass was purple if one of ten people in the world said it was so, and they disbelieve every word that comes out of the mouths of the remaining 8bn people. Many of them genuinely believe Farage will be PM, and if he's not then it's an establishment stitch up.

Like I thought I was in a bit of a lefty echo chamber but these fuckers are something else. Illiterate clones, terrible at cropping pictures and every single one of them would eat Farage's shit straight from the tap. Fucked up man.

Our very own Trump-esque cult

The constituency is too big for it to make a difference, but I drove through Allenton and Alvaston today which have 6 Reform Councillors between them. More posters and posts in the garden than I've seen anywhere else. It's fair to say when you are in you are in.

We moved to Shelton Lock in April and ive been surprised by the amount of Reform posts I've seen. Had more than one leaflet through the door too.

We moved to Shelton Lock in April and ive been surprised by the amount of Reform posts I've seen. Had more than one leaflet through the door too.
You'll be in the same Derby South constituency as those areas then. You get the chance to vote for Graves and Reform aswell as Williamson. Lucky you.

You'll be in the same Derby South constituency as those areas then. You get the chance to vote for Graves and Reform aswell as Williamson. Lucky you.
Isn't the Labour candidate for Derby South subject to a vote of no confidence in his ability to run the City Council?

Back