• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

I may put money on Julen being the first manager to get the sack, once the fans see he doesn’t play the West Ham way, whatever that is, involves winning world cups or something, they’ll turn on him

Tend to agree, if they think they’re gonna be in for fast flowing attacking football they’re in for a shock, they better get prepared for a some squeaky bum 1-0’s

He's obviously a very good coach so I think betting on him getting the old heave-ho before Christmas is a little premature. IMO. They don't have so many really desirable assets beyond Paqueta, Kudus and Bowen though. So unless the owners intend throwing money around there's plenty of opportunity for him to spit his dummy. Suppose he must've been spending guarantees or he wouldn't be signing there when Bayern have apparently offered him their job. What a bizarre choice.

Swapping RAN for Cresswell would help.

It's an odd situation. Jeff was an uber twat on how he dealt with this situation (and many others) but then so was Lop. No winners, no sides to take. Both twats.
Why is Lop still getting heat for this and not Hobbs? Bizzare.

The guy has an ego the size of Zaphod Beeblebrox but there's hardily a need to make shit up about him because people don't like him.

On this forum in the last week Cunha is being being held up as POTS and too expensive of a signing under Lop's tenure. The whiplash.

On this forum in the last week Cunha is being being held up as POTS and too expensive of a signing under Lop's tenure. The whiplash.
He often didn't play him and certainly didn't know how to use him despite his signing being one of the conditions of him taking the job.

Well he figured it out didn’t he tbf, with him realising the narrow 442 was working quite well with him behind the striker it was just he was behind two forwards who were finished.

I think Cunha was a pretty classic case of someone who clearly hadn’t played enough football when he arrived. The difference physically from the Villa away game that he came on in and the United game first game of the season was very evident.

Why is Lop still getting heat for this and not Hobbs? Bizzare.

The guy has an ego the size of Zaphod Beeblebrox but there's hardily a need to make shit up about him because people don't like him.

Yeah the Cresswell bit wasn't serious really. As I said, everyone involved (which is mainly Jeff and Lop) acted the twat over the saga last summer. I was behind Lop until the interview with his mate as we had sold Raul and he cried about it - fuck off with that shit, you didn;t want him & you fucked him over for his farewell at Molineux (something he did hold his hands up about at the time).

As for Cresswell for RAN, we know that Lop had the final thumbs up on deals and he waved through Doc as well but that may have been his final revenge on Jeff knowing he was off.
As for Hobbs part - Clearly can spot a full back!!...but when you are given a budget of pennies you are not going to get anything exciting really. Thankfully, West Ham seemingly priced us out of any move by asking for actual money for him and by the time we had a little bit to spend we had moved on as RAN was staying put. Hobbs has a mixed record so far from his 3 windows in charge, 1 window had money and went well, the 2nd had nothing then a little bit at the death and the third we had less than £0 to spend.

Just to clarify - Love Lop and how he kept us up, wanted him to stay, didn't like him when he bitched to GB about everything, didn't like him walking out days before the season started and don't think he would have got more out of this squad than GO has done. So, if I see an opportunity to post something that is 🖕at him I will, because that's what he did to the club.

PS: Fuck Jeff Shi.

Yeah the Cresswell bit wasn't serious really. As I said, everyone involved (which is mainly Jeff and Lop) acted the twat over the saga last summer. I was behind Lop until the interview with his mate as we had sold Raul and he cried about it - fuck off with that shit, you didn;t want him & you fucked him over for his farewell at Molineux (something he did hold his hands up about at the time).

As for Cresswell for RAN, we know that Lop had the final thumbs up on deals and he waved through Doc as well but that may have been his final revenge on Jeff knowing he was off.
As for Hobbs part - Clearly can spot a full back!!...but when you are given a budget of pennies you are not going to get anything exciting really. Thankfully, West Ham seemingly priced us out of any move by asking for actual money for him and by the time we had a little bit to spend we had moved on as RAN was staying put. Hobbs has a mixed record so far from his 3 windows in charge, 1 window had money and went well, the 2nd had nothing then a little bit at the death and the third we had less than £0 to spend.

Just to clarify - Love Lop and how he kept us up, wanted him to stay, didn't like him when he bitched to GB about everything, didn't like him walking out days before the season started and don't think he would have got more out of this squad than GO has done. So, if I see an opportunity to post something that is 🖕at him I will, because that's what he did to the club.

PS: Fuck Jeff Shi.
In a nutshell.

Always had feeling that he thought he was doing us a favour by being here.
Clearly knows how to coach a side but as for what West Ham want I think they’ll realise very soon that not an awful lot will change in regards to league position or style. This a fan base who change their goalposts on the reason for dissent to suite themselves.
The board are mainly responsible for his departure but he isn’t the principled ethical man that Balague paints out to be, to sum up good coach but a bit of a knobhead.

Back