• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
There is one upside then

But Liverpool DO attract fans like that. They're one of the biggest clubs in the world and have been for 50+ years. They've had people like that travelling over for one-off games and buying any piece of merchandise they can for decades.

We do not and never will.
I totally agree DW about Liverpool, it's indicative of how Football and the owners are thinking and moving

Don't think there's much to disagree with here, mostly I'm in agreement. However I think he's pissing in the wind if he thinks this can be retrieved by Fosun, just don't see them going back now whatever fan group is assembled and even if they can get some dialogue going with Shi.

Not too much to argue with, but he's met Shi on a number of occasions and been the interviewer during his Pravda style sessions, where a series off yes men are paraded to sing the party tune - A period which versus the quarterly garbage we now get in the E&S looks enlightend. Therefore he should know none of that is going to happen. He'll continue to stay off grid until after the 14th and for cultural and personal reasons he can't back down. Jeff knows best, nothing that's happened in the last week or that will in the next 2 will change that, so although it's a decent piece it was pointless writing it.

Not saying it's intentional but people are sounding an awful lot like those who say "it's pointless voting"

There are multiple levels of pressure being placed on the club and the media is one aspect.

I don't think anything will change but that doesn't mean people shouldn't try.

Not too much to argue with, but he's met Shi on a number of occasions and been the interviewer during his Pravda style sessions, where a series off yes men are paraded to sing the party tune - A period which versus the quarterly garbage we now get in the E&S looks enlightend. Therefore he should know none of that is going to happen. He'll continue to stay off grid until after the 14th and for cultural and personal reasons he can't back down. Jeff knows best, nothing that's happened in the last week or that will in the next 2 will change that, so although it's a decent piece it was pointless writing it.
I agree it's a pointless piece as was his last one, as is every other journalists offerings on the situation. As it is, all the rest of us can do is bark at the moon while the twats take our club (A lot of the other clubs are doing likewise) down a very dark alley. I find it quite tiring being so angry with no real option to fight it. The only way to make a difference is for a wholesale boycotting of the club which will never happen......its fucking depressing.

Not saying it's intentional but people are sounding an awful lot like those who say "it's pointless voting"

There are multiple levels of pressure being placed on the club and the media is one aspect.

I don't think anything will change but that doesn't mean people shouldn't try.
How is that trying? If he wanted to try he could call Jeff directly, he'll have his number. As someone who has a foot in both camps he could personally try to arrange the meeting he's suggesting. He could write a private and also an open letter to Jeff. He could ask him for a video interview publicly if he's already done so privately. All he's done there is write a piece on his take of crisis management

How is that trying? If he wanted to try he could call Jeff directly, he'll have his number. As someone who has a foot in both camps he could personally try to arrange the meeting he's suggesting. He could write a private and also an open letter to Jeff. He could ask him for a video interview publicly if he's already done so privately. All he's done there is write a piece on his take of crisis management
He is a journalist who has literally just written two, self published, articles about the issues at Wolves and the season tickets.

He has a platform and he has used it to write about the season tickets at Wolves, that plus the BBC articles, discussions on talksport etc all show there is media pressure at the moment.

Add in protest flags at Molineux yesterday, a petition exceeding 12k of people and a number of season ticket holders suggesting they won't renew, a sizeable volume of people putting in complaints and I'd say that's about as much pressure as can be expected?

Happy to use any better ideas you've got?

He is a journalist who has literally just written two, self published, articles about the issues at Wolves and the season tickets.

He has a platform and he has used it to write about the season tickets at Wolves, that plus the BBC articles, discussions on talksport etc all show there is media pressure at the moment.

Add in protest flags at Molineux yesterday, a petition exceeding 12k of people and a number of season ticket holders suggesting they won't renew, a sizeable volume of people putting in complaints and I'd say that's about as much pressure as can be expected?

Happy to use any better ideas you've got?
There's only one thing that will make any difference and that's don't renew that's the only message which will cut through if in big enough numbers. It's a disgrace, but what else am I going to do / Wolves is my life / I'll be here after they've gone etc isn't going to do it.

Again, I'm not blaming anyone who does, I absolutely undertstand why anyone would and you shouldn't be put in this situation, but if you do renew you are doing so knowing nothing will change and further enabling Shi

Tbh TT I think that Shi will push forward with these prices irrespective of renewals (arguably that's why he's pushed the price up so the volume of season ticket holders drops).

Maybe the renewal volumes have an impact next season, well who knows?🤷

Could easily be in the champ with a dodgy start and apathy/vitriol in the stands.

I actually think Shi is more likely to respond to vocal and intense protest in and out the ground. As pointed out many times the money from season tickets isn’t much in the grand scheme of things and won’t really be noticed until the weather turns colder.

Tbh TT I think that Shi will push forward with these prices irrespective of renewals (arguably that's why he's pushed the price up so the volume of season ticket holders drops).

Maybe the renewal volumes have an impact next season, well who knows?🤷

Could easily be in the champ with a dodgy start and apathy/vitriol in the stands.
There's relatively small concessions they could do now that would make people who want to find an excuse to renew like me to change their minds. A free home shirt for all juniors would set them back I'm guessing a tenner at cost, they claim it's a goodwill gesture worth 40 quid or whatever, it calms people down and next year it looks like a price freeze and everyone pays it. For adults bung in 2 free cup tickets, likely to be against lower league teams with 10k empty seats so again in real terms little cost. From what I see on social media and here most people have an issue with the prices and the attitude rather than the ability to pay them, although I appreciate there will still be many in that boat.

There's relatively small concessions they could do now that would make people who want to find an excuse to renew like me to change their minds. A free home shirt for all juniors would set them back I'm guessing a tenner at cost, they claim it's a goodwill gesture worth 40 quid or whatever, it calms people down and next year it looks like a price freeze and everyone pays it. For adults bung in 2 free cup tickets, likely to be against lower league teams with 10k empty seats so again in real terms little cost. From what I see on social media and here most people have an issue with the prices and the attitude rather than the ability to pay them, although I appreciate there will still be many in that boat.
That wouldn't move the dial at all for me

PTS actually being vaguely critical. Still misses some of the key issues though, why are the wider media not calling out the lie that we were "cheaper than most" in 2023/24, or not even mentioning that prices have gone up every single year since 2018?

Back